Thread: 030 Cabinets?

030 Cabinets?

I'm wondering if the cabinets of the old JBL speakers that I have were built using any plans? They are 35 1/2" tall, 24 1/2" wide, 19" deep on the bottom, and 16" deep on the top. I always called them 030's, they have a D130, and a 075 in them. I believe they are from the mid 70's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by robertg View Post
    I'm wondering if the cabinets of the old JBL speakers that I have were built using any plans? They are 35 1/2" tall, 24 1/2" wide, 19" deep on the bottom, and 16" deep on the top. I always called them 030's, they have a D130, and a 075 in them. I believe they are from the mid 70's.
    http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...ns/c35-c39.htm

Not quite the same dimensions. Probably home brew. Well made by the look of them.

H.F.

The pegs for the grille look odd to me. I don't remember anything from that era or that big with grilles that mounted that way. Can't really tell from one picture what the cabinet looks like but my money is on home-made.

Dimensions and port size look about right compared to my C35 and C37 cabs.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thanks, after doing some searching it looks like they are home made but based on a C35. Making exact replica cabinets might be a good Winter project.

This is what they were trying to look like when they were building them. They have the same slanted front, Lots of interesting reading here, they sure made some interesting looking speakers over the years.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information