Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: K2 M9500 purchase

Quote Originally Posted by ngccglp View Post
    Hi Martin,

indeed, and I think the JBL team did achieve the most optimal balance in the M9500. Adding anything might just ‘tilt’ the balance. I think users of S9500/M9500 would have to accept that they are not 9900/67000 and enjoy them for what they do extremely well and not worry about what they are missing with the super tweeters.

I had Tannoy Westminster Royal before, and tried adding the recommended Tannoy ST200 super tweeters. At the end I felt that it took away some of the coherence and imaging and depth from the excellent dual concentric driver.

There’s an interesting thread on Imaginary Equivalent Tuning (IET).

Cheers.
    Hi ngccglp,

Congratulations on a great acquisition!

If I might ask you ( & since you've previously had Tannoys ), I'm curious how you're finding the imaging capabilities of your new M9500's ( specifically their ability to convey depth ) ?

Congrats Dennis! I've always loved the way those look. Never heard 'em but I'll bet they are fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Hi ngccglp,

Congratulations on a great acquisition!

If I might ask you ( & since you've previously had Tannoys ), I'm curious how you're finding the imaging capabilities of your new M9500's ( specifically their ability to convey depth ) ?

Hi Earl,

as you can see from the photo of my listening area, I do not have the space to pull out the M9500 from the rear wall, as such I may not be able to give an accurate assessment of their ability to convey depth.

However, the M9500 images very well and sounds seems to be emanating from all around (wall of sound) rather than from the speakers. It does a very good job at separating every instruments, and you can follow each instrument quite easily.

The Tannoys are marvellous speakers, if there’s such a thing as ‘beautiful sound’, I would use it to describe the Westminster Royals. At the end, I sold it because it does not favour pop rock music with its rear folded horn design playing below 300 hz.

Quote Originally Posted by ngccglp View Post
    Haha Martin, it's interesting to imagine if you have mentioned this to GT when the M9500 was first released... The product has defect...
    Becase it was designed in 20 years before
    46 lover

Thread Information