Thread: New JBL EON 612 & 615

New JBL EON 612 & 615

Hi!

I`m thinking of buying new active speakers for my small PA. Now I have big heavy ones with separate amps. I will run them with subs crossed at about 100hz most of the time. (the bass seems a little weak in them) The spec seems quite allright and the FR is very nice for a cheap PA speaker. Also they claim that they're using the same technology that in the M2 and 300-series studio monitors with controlled dispertion. This is a hobby and I don`t use them very often but reasearch is important

Charles Sprinkle 2:15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3f7PyJqIlA

EON 612: http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachm...%2028%2015.pdf

Praise or raze? Of course it is a budget speaker and the drivers locks quite sad when opened. 2" ?! VC on the woofer etc... Anyone heard them or have an opinion?

Best Regards
    /Karl

Eons are great and always sound pretty good. Easy to set up too.

Allan.

I know Charles Sprinkle pretty well from my time working with him at Harman, and he has been working on new technologies to get the driver transitions at the crossover point as smooth as possible ever since I first spoke with him back in 2009. When he says that in the new EON they've been able to achieve a 90 x 60 degree pattern control of the woofer at the crossover frequency to the horn, I absolutely believe him.

Matching the dispersion patterns of the LF and HF devices at the crossover is an extremely important factor in why the M2 is such a great performer, and why it sounds like it's a 1-way speaker. This is exciting stuff, folks, and it works.

These must be pretty different from the first EON's as those were often described as rubbish and I saw a lot broken ones.

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    OK this is a little weird, I'm not used to seeing my woofers like that. Looks like a cutout of a squirrel pelt, or kind of gimmicky.

But maybe it works as advertised. If so, will they start offering retrofits?

I did go for a pair of second hand PRX 635 (and prx718) instead. More bang for the buck Should be wery interesting to hear them. Some say they sound as good as a decent HIFI-speaker but with more dynamics. Mabye when I don`t use the for gigs they will take place in the Man Cave

/Karl

Also they claim that they're using the same technology that in the M2 and 300-series studio monitors

Thats like Volkswagen saying They use the same technology in the bug as Porche.

That being said, Eon 600's are a great bang for the buck, but there are much better products available. SRX815P with no sub or SRX-812P with SRX818SP if you want subs are the best bang for the buck if you ask me. For better quality go for the PRX735/PRX718XLF, SRX835/SRX828S , VTX-F12/VTX-F18S, CSX-F35/VTX-F18S... I have them all for different applications.

Mctwins
    Prx 635
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Four is better than two Have to say they sound very nice. Clear and dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalle View Post

Three more and you have a pretty potent 7.x surround system.

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalle View Post

Nice

I really like the Duraflex finish on these speakers, I would like to have that on my 4365 and 4429. No more worries about scratches anymore.

Happy listening!

Thread Information