Thread: Library Access

Library Access

The Library will be down until I can sort out the mess from our web registrar going out of business. The domain registration expired on the 25th which was supposed to be renewed automatically on a pre-authorized credit card. When I tried to confirm last week that it went through, I discovered the registrar had apparently gone out of business with their website gone, phone disconnected and email non existent. The registrar is a reseller from a larger domain registration firm. I discovered the name of that firm and called them last Wednesday to try and find out how to renew. I'm told that this is now in the hands of lawyers, and until they give their approval, the larger firm cannot accept payment. I was told there would be a grace period before they shut off access to the site, but that grace period appears to be 48hrs. I'll update as the issue progresses.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Quote Originally Posted by Don McRitchie View Post
    The Library will be down until I can sort out the mess from our web registrar going out of business. The domain registration expired on the 25th which was supposed to be renewed automatically on a pre-authorized credit card. When I tried to confirm last week that it went through, I discovered the registrar had apparently gone out of business with their website gone, phone disconnected and email non existent. The registrar is a reseller from a larger domain registration firm. I discovered the name of that firm and called them last Wednesday to try and find out how to renew. I'm told that this is now in the hands of lawyers, and until they give their approval, the larger firm cannot accept payment. I was told there would be a grace period before they shut off access to the site, but that grace period appears to be 48hrs. I'll update as the issue progresses.

VERY

Thomas Wagner

Gads, in this day and age of Internet, connectivity, and multiple possibilities for backup and access, we're still dealing with a single DNS address like a house with blocked streets.

Should this be considered a sign to move to some type of cloud backup and access?

I commiserate with the issues though, stuff stored in one place, but can't get there because of a DNS provider?
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

It's back up, though I'm still dealing with a registration boondoggle to gain a permanent fix.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Quote Originally Posted by Don McRitchie View Post
    It's back up, though I'm still dealing with a registration boondoggle to gain a permanent fix.
    Thanks Don!

Thanks Don, hope this gets resolved completely, looks like time to switch DNS providers?
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Your efforts are appreciated!

Thread Information