Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Did You Find This Site?

Obsolete
    Nice post!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    even the L100 can be brought up with mostly respectful if not admiring commentary
    Now that is a shame.

We'll have to crank up the ol' L100 shredding mill again! There just ain't enough high cliffs to kick those freakin' things off are there...
    Norwegian Fjords perhaps...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Now that is a shame.

We'll have to crank up the ol' L100 shredding mill again! There just ain't enough high cliffs to kick those freakin' things off are there...
    Norwegian Fjords perhaps...
    Yes, I was thinking of you when I wrote that. You could always take some out to to Put-In-Bay on South Bass Island and throw them off the Perry's Victory and international Peace Monument http://www.nps.gov/pevi/ into Lake Erie.

Shout, "We have met the L100s, and they are ours!" as you toss them to a watery grave.
    Out.

Alex Lancaster
    Dear Ti: Aren´t us so sweet.

I was interested in exploring full range single drivers and was looking for information on enclosures for the LE8T. I read posts for quite a while before posting myself and pretty soon I was owner of a pair of Jubals that I drove to LA to pick up. I later bought a pair of LSR32's without ever having heard them, and have been very satisfied with them since. But I am still interested in exploring the classic monitors and sound reinforcement JBL, and also the K2 M9500's or something like that. I remember feeling quite gratified at the way obviously experienced and knowledgable people responded to my rather ill-formed and open-ended questions--Robert H., Rob, Giskard, Scotty, Widget, Bo, Alex, Tom, and others--with enough information to bring me along one step at a time. I also remember the dead silences when I spoke so fondly of my years with the Altec 604-8G's. Now I have a number of speaker projects happening at once. I bought so much JBL stuff on eBay for a while there that when I finally cleaned out my garage I found two spear guns, a box of proctological torpedoes and a '94 Lincoln. This forum is a good way to decompress from the work-a-day world. It's been great meeting you all here.

David

I bought so much JBL stuff on eBay for a while there that when I finally cleaned out my garage I found two spear guns, a box of proctological torpedoes and a '94 Lincoln. This forum is a good way to decompress from the work-a-day world. It's been great meeting you all here. -David

Widget

google again..

yeah searching for JBL driver information in Google i found my two fav sites:

http://www.jblsucks.com/ (<- NO JOKE IT IS REAL)

and

http://audioheritage.org/

jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by jarrods

jarrod
    Well, I must say I was a little disappointed, since I totally expected some real trash talking from Bose and C-V fans.

OTOH, it's pretty clever move on the part of the domain owner.
    Out.

I decided to finally build a pair of 4411 clones and I was looking for crossover diagrams and cabinet specifications when I ran across this site. It has far exceeded my expectations and got me back into designing and building speakers again.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrods
    yeah searching for JBL driver information in Google i found my two fav sites:

My company does the same thing, we own probably a hundred different domain name variations and they all resolve our home page

Alan Fletcher
    I think I just did a google on James B. Lansing, or JBL Paragon, and Poof! There it was!

Thanks Don and all the others for this great site!

-Alan

Butch Adams

Jbl

I found the site with a search on google.
    Here is the story that got me here.
    In high school (back in the 70's) I had built many book shelf speakers that were respectable. They looked good and sold well but I wanted to build a speaker with more bass, higher SPL.
    After college I built a few disappointing larger format speakers. Needing some direction I consulted my uncle Mike (a mechanical engineer) on what I was doing wrong. He came by to inspect my latest endeavor and pointed out that while my construction was solid my components were inadequate and I lacked the equipment necessary to tune the box properly. He invited me over to check out his reproduction of an Altec voice of the theater speakers in which he used Altec, EV, and JBL components. Oh, I was hooked, face shaking bass, ear ringing SPL's, I was in heaven.
    I have spent the last 20 + years (as funds allowed) trying to achive something near what my uncle Mike had built so many years ago.
    This site has become my single source for information to aid me in my quest. Though sometimes the level of information makes me feel abet like the peanut salesman at the rocket scientist convention I'm hoping some of the membership will be kind enough to break it down for me.
    Thanks for this place.

I know you from other forums, which is how I originally got here. I recycled some Altec Model three cabinets for a present to my nephew. I bought some used Altec drivers to replace the long-gone originals. Unfortunately, one of the tweeters ended up dead. Fortunately, at least another half dead pair of 1960s speakers yielded Jensen tweeters and I am preparing to build custom grilles.

Perhaps I will be luckier with the Altecs I am picking up in a trade, but it will a very large task.

They are Stonehenge I models, hence my name.

Thread Information