Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4350

Hello, looking for the best way to elevate my 4350 speakers. They need to be raised about 9 inches. Should they be on spikes? Coupled or decoupled from the floor? Currently they are on carpet over concrete with thin padding. Any experience with these would be helpful. Not sure how to approach this., thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KTG View Post
    Hello, looking for the best way to elevate my 4350 speakers. They need to be raised about 9 inches. Should they be on spikes? Coupled or decoupled from the floor? Currently they are on carpet over concrete with thin padding. Any experience with these would be helpful. Not sure how to approach this., thanks

Hi there,
    I build stands to match the TV stand that I build also.
    It's 14" high with six casters per stand.
    when I sit in my couch, my eyes are at the level just a little above the bottom of the 2202's.
    They sound amazing of course.
    I would not worry about the floor, you wont move a micron of your concrete!

But, this what I did, may not work for anyone else...

Cheers!
    C
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks c, appreciate the information and the photo,Name:  DSCN2405.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  88.1 KB very nice stands, good idea,. would you consider spikes for these speakers or just a waste of time and money, thanks again, ktg

Size:  88.1 KB very nice stands, good idea,. would you consider spikes for these speakers or just a waste of time and money, thanks again, ktg

Pretty nice!
    No, I wouldn't...
    Casters would be enough. So you can vaccum under once in awhile LOL!!!
    Spikes would not do anything.

Cheers!
    Christophe

What I would do though! Added to the stands, I would build bass traps on corners... That would improve the acoustic of your room.
    C

PS: I also add acoustic panels behing the speakers. Not enough room to keep them away from the wall...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks for the photos, i have more bass traps on order and panels, just finished the room 3 weeks ago, thanks again c

Thanks for the photos, i have more bass traps on order and panels, just finished the room 3 weeks ago, thanks again c

Good for you! I'm sure you're enjoying it!!

Cheers!
    Christophe

bricks - Stones

Hi,
    i've the same problem, and i'm thinking to use Bricks or stones like those ones:

the first ones are available in 5-8-12-16-20cm (maybe slightly different...)

look below for something similar:

Pro: Great from Estethical point of view, but forget to move the speakers , place a rubber foil below briks (8-10mm) or neoprene (non adesive).

Good idea too but when you want to move them around! Good luck! A real pain!

That's funny... I was looking at that lower image with the 4350s shoehorned into that room and realized those small black boxes under them are a pair of custom crossovers I built back in 2005. Small world.

In that case, I think I would try moving the HF drivers to the outboard position and use a significant amount of absorption along the sides for first reflection control.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    That's funny... I was looking at that lower image with the 4350s shoehorned into that room and realized those small black boxes under them are a pair of custom crossovers I built back in 2005. Small world.

In that case, I think I would try moving the HF drivers to the outboard position and use a significant amount of absorption along the sides for first reflection control.

Widget
    Those speakers are on Youtube where the movers are delivering them to a guy in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8MrNKmBBEo

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Those speakers are on Youtube where the movers are delivering them to a guy in Japan.
    I have seen that YouTube several times, very interesting, I will give Japanese credit for recognizing quality where and when they see one. I wonder of the owner specifically preferred not to have the 2308 installed. Also the listening room shown on that YouTube is just too small for these speakers.

I also noticed that he is a vinyl fanatic, I was also a vinyl fanatic but after I assembled my 4350 I had to totally abandon vinyl, with these four way speakers every pop and click hits you right on the face, for pop and rock vinyl is manageable with 4350’s but with classical which is my primary interest vinyl amounts to disaster, particularly in very quiet passages where surface noise starts to compete with music.

Vahe

Pop and click used to bother me until I got a VPI 16.5

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Pop and click used to bother me until I got a VPI 16.5
    Clean records and a high quality cartridge go a long way to minimizing the distraction.

Damn... OT again!

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Vahe Sahakian View Post
    I have seen that YouTube several times, very interesting, I will give Japanese credit for recognizing quality where and when they see one. I wonder of the owner specifically preferred not to have the 2308 installed. Also the listening room shown on that YouTube is just too small for these speakers.

I also noticed that he is a vinyl fanatic, I was also a vinyl fanatic but after I assembled my 4350 I had to totally abandon vinyl, with these four way speakers every pop and click hits you right on the face, for pop and rock vinyl is manageable with 4350’s but with classical which is my primary interest vinyl amounts to disaster, particularly in very quiet passages where surface noise starts to compete with music.

Vahe
    I have a Fool proof way to realize utter silence on records. First clean the record surface, de-stat the record, clean the stylus with concentration of pure water and ammonia. Place the tone arm and start the platter and drop the cartridge onto track one. Then set the preamp input selection to "CD" and push "Play" on the CD player. Sit down and enjoy.

Well...it's almost April Fool's day.
    David F
    San Jose

Thread Information