Thread: jbl 590, please help

jbl 590, please help

I can't find any posts here on the jbl 590. Seriously considering buying a pair. Has anyone,ANYONE heard these?

And how do the stack up to the legendary 250ti?

Actually, there are some very favourable opinions on this web-site relating to the 590. Granted, it is pretty tough to find them using this sites search function ( it's the fault of the software provider ).

Anyways, ( when searching out others opinions on this site ) I think it's advisable to use googles advanced search function ( to find threads about specific speakers ).

The reason to use google is that it's search engine will handle 3 letter words ( while this sites PHP based search engine won't ).

Try this !search string.

Cool Thanks!

I thought I knew how to search, but I learned something! Thanks so very much!

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    I have Studio 590s, and wrote my impressions on them here and on another site. Check your PMs.

The 500 Studio series is really a sleeper line. They are lots of fun and will impress many!

As far as compared to the 250's, they are just different. I am a fan of the 14" driver in the 250's and I personally feel that it's sound is pretty hard to beat. The 250's are a direct radiator and the 590's are horn based HF so there is a major difference right from the start.

The 590's do have a great sound and it is all JBL.
    Always fun learning more.......

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LowPhreak View Post
    I have Studio 590s, and wrote my impressions on them here and on another site. Check your PMs.

I read those. Thanks again.

Any time! Good luck on your search.

Quote Originally Posted by WarEagle View Post
    I can't find any posts here on the jbl 590. Seriously considering buying a pair. Has anyone,ANYONE heard these?

And how do the stack up to the legendary 250ti?
    I can't speak to the 590's but I have the 530's and a couple of good subs and they are phenomenal. I just picked up a set of L112's in good shape and I like them just as much or more for different reasons, but I hope to snag some of those 590's one day. The speakers, if setup properly, just melt into the music. The soundstage is huge. Instruments just pop up out of nowhere. Get them

I did buy a pair

Quote Originally Posted by verynate View Post
    I can't speak to the 590's but I have the 530's and a couple of good subs and they are phenomenal. I just picked up a set of L112's in good shape and I like them just as much or more for different reasons, but I hope to snag some of those 590's one day. The speakers, if setup properly, just melt into the music. The soundstage is huge. Instruments just pop up out of nowhere. Get them

But they haven't come in yet.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you order from - Amazon, JBL, World Wide Stereo, etc? Be sure to inspect thoroughly for cabinet damage, not necessarily from the shipping monkeys but factory defects that apparently can make it through QC (thanks Paliwal & Jane).

I had 2 pair of 580s with cab dents that went back pronto, and JBL made it right. Not sure what the other vendors would do in that case.

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by LowPhreak View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you order from - Amazon, JBL, World Wide Stereo, etc? Be sure to inspect thoroughly for cabinet damage, not necessarily from the shipping monkeys but factory defects that apparently can make it through QC (thanks Paliwal & Jane).

I had 2 pair of 580s with cab dents that went back pronto, and JBL made it right. Not sure what the other vendors would do in that case.
    I bought a pair from jbl.com. 2000. Shipping boxes were in good shape. Cabinets look great. I did buy a sub, 560p, on sale for 300. Just started playing with the sub last night. Very happy. The 250ti's will go in the den as front speakers for home theater and the 590's will stay in the living room for music and Xbox 360. Oh, if you have Spotify, look up "Secret Agent Man".

Thread Information