Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: L300 077 tweeter location

  1. #1
    Junior Member rbnjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    mukilteo wa
    Posts
    27

    L300 077 tweeter location

    I have seen this driver mounted flush on some models and the L300 mounts it about .25in out or away from the cabinet. why is this and would mounting it flush be a improvement.
    the tweeter would at least have a more finished appearance, don't know how this would effect anything..might just try it with some shims to make flush.

    any suggestions/comments welcome.

    thank you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member tjm001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Potomac Falls, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by rbnjr View Post
    I have seen this driver mounted flush on some models and the L300 mounts it about .25in out or away from the cabinet. why is this and would mounting it flush be a improvement.
    the tweeter would at least have a more finished appearance, don't know how this would effect anything..might just try it with some shims to make flush.

    any suggestions/comments welcome.

    thank you.
    If it's a 1 inch baffle it's flush. If a 3/4 inch baffle it sticks out.
    Tom

  3. #3
    Junior Member rbnjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    mukilteo wa
    Posts
    27

    tweeter driver mount

    Quote Originally Posted by tjm001 View Post
    If it's a 1 inch baffle it's flush. If a 3/4 inch baffle it sticks out.
    Tom
    Tom, was looking for the sonic differences if any could determined and if one has a clear advantage sonically just by mounting depth.

    thank you.

  4. #4
    Senior Member tjm001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Potomac Falls, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by rbnjr View Post
    Tom, was looking for the sonic differences if any could determined and if one has a clear advantage sonically just by mounting depth.

    thank you.
    My best guess is there will be no audible difference. The wavelengths are only 1 to 2 inches. I see many on this forum are using 077/2405s free standing mounted on top of their cabinets.

  5. #5
    Junior Member rbnjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    mukilteo wa
    Posts
    27

    Tweeter mod

    Quote Originally Posted by tjm001 View Post
    My best guess is there will be no audible difference. The wavelengths are only 1 to 2 inches. I see many on this forum are using 077/2405s free standing mounted on top of their cabinets.
    Thank you tom, i would like to see some examples of a free standing drivers sitting on top of the cabinets. are they adding another hi frequency driver to increase dispersion of the freq or to increase overall volume levels...not sure of the purpose of this mod.

    thank you.

  6. #6
    Senior Member grumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,694
    No. It's just a convenient place to set them, and easier to play with... Usually an add-on to a system that might benefit from a supertweeter, without modifying a stock enclosure.

    the 2405 has more output available (and sensitivity) than most any indoor non-pro application needs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. JBL/Harman location
    By sonofagun in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 07:38 PM
  2. GPA Discussion Forum Location
    By Al Nico in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 05:26 PM
  3. Location
    By Rolf in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2003, 02:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •