Thread: 123a woofer crossover

123a woofer crossover

A friend has a pair of L-88 woofers and would like me to help him build a 2way diy for fun. I do not want to let the woofer run open like the L-88/100 series but would like to cross it over approx 1500-1800hz. We do not have any measuring equipment and I have searched for a viable crossover ...Troels has 1500 which is unpublished ... Dennis Murphy did a 950 and the S70 Alpha is 1200. The reason for the cut-off desired is that we are going to cross the woofer to a Fountek Pro 5i ribbon tweeter that should not be crossed less than 1500( Stones Audio will help us with the ribbon end).

No one has ever attached an inductor to a 123a/2213......and measured the response?

You could assume 8 or 16 ohms and use any internet crossover calculator.
    With just an inductor, it won't roll off very fast (beyond its inherent response),
    so being "off" a bit won't matter a lot.

You might try to find an impedance and frequency response plot set for the driver.
    It would help.

The Le is about .6mH on 123A and so you'll want to incorporate that into your calculation. It's a great woofer to run wide, but you'll want to be careful not to overdo it when designing a crossover, keep in mind that it'll have a narrow beamwidth above 1200hz (where it should be about 90 degrees).

Thread Information