Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone in the US have the ability of machine the M2 horn flange for a lower cost

If l sebackman is going to run some more, piling on his run would probably be a good bet since he has already done them.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Sebackman

Should we start a list for a group purchase? That way we could determine how much interest there is. I don't know if you want to take on the hassle of shipping this stuff out to multiple different addresses. Since I would like to get some, I would be willing to send out the plates to other members in the U.S. if we can arrange a group purchase and send them from Europe in a single shipment. I am interested in at least 2 adapters with the small and large JBL mounting pattern. I already have a pair of 2435 that I would like to try on the M2 horns.

I will check for availability and pricing

Dear all,

I will check with my source about pricing and availability. Sometimes when they have set the CNC machine for long run's it may take a while to get stuff done.
    If ok and there is an interest I’d rather send to one or two addresses for distribution in the US if acceptable. This would also keep cost down I think.

If of value, please use the drawing to make your own adapters. We use Aircraft quality aluminum that we water cut to correct outer diameter and then turn down the inner part in a lathe and then finish them of in a CNC machine.

There is much info in the other threads about how to mount them to the horn. I use M6 recessed bolts

-Will revert during the week

Kind regards
    //RoB
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

I believe "weltersys" on DIYaudio forum mentioned the capability on this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi...ng-issues.html

So, and apologies if a stupid question....am I correct in assuming an adapter isn't needed when using a 2452/M2 Horn combo?

Thanks

Not correct, the adapter plate is needed with the 2452 driver. Or any other driver. You will need to modify the adapter plate to accept flat head screws. This is because the 2452 is a little larger than the D2 driver, and covers the screws that fasten the plate to the horn. Look at the photo here.

Quote Originally Posted by cooky1257 View Post
    So, and apologies if a stupid question....am I correct in assuming an adapter isn't needed when using a 2452/M2 Horn combo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Not correct, the adapter plate is needed with the 2452 driver. Or any other driver. You will need to modify the adapter plate to accept flat head screws. This is because the 2452 is a little larger than the D2 driver, and covers the screws that fasten the plate to the horn. Look at the photo here.
    Ah yes gotcha. Thanks Don.

Hey Guys, any update on the group buy?

Thanks,
    Scott

Greetings all,

if there is still interest, I could ask my friend. Is there a mechanical drawing of the adapter available apart from the one posted by Robert? Are all the holes shown there required? How many pieces would people be interested in?

Kindest regards,

M

I would be interested in a pair but shipping should be to Norway if possible
    Flodstroem

Thread Information