Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3114a crossover values.

3114a crossover values.

Hello,
    Im trying to have fresh 3114a networks built from the jbl 3114 schematic, the trouble is the builder sss unaware of the
    Values associated with a schematic I have used for reference, can or does anyone know of of how I can move along this information here is the 3114 schematic
    Founf this post for starters jbl capacitors list
    JBL - Capacitors (Old & New Parts).pdf
    3114 Network.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by bldozier View Post
    Hello,
    Im trying to have fresh 3114a networks built from the jbl 3114 schematic, the trouble is the builder sss unaware of the
    Values associated with a schematic I have used for reference, can or does anyone know of of how I can move along this information here is the 3114 schematic
    3114 Network.pdf
    What is it y'all don't understand?:
    http://www.jblproservice.com/navigat...chematics.html

Hey wagner,
    Here is is quote.
    I looked over the schematic again and did not find the number or part number under the item values noted. I presume them to be a part number as sourced bt JBL at the time to build the networks. If I knew what values were associated with those part number then building them would be much easier and straight forward
    I think the values for each part number, ie 52938 =72.0 280hz 8ohm n 140hz 16ohm
    Idont have actual networks to quote im trying to construct them from this pdf.

Here are the capacitor values I need if anyone can help.
    (2) 10285
    (1) 13203
    (1) 13206
    (2) 34751
    (1) 34752
    (1) 34754
    (1) 51594
    (1) 52938 72.0 280hz 8ohm 140 16 ohm
    (1) 52939 52.0 380hz 80hm 190 16 ohm
    (1) 53318
    (1) 53319
    (1) 53320
    (1) 53321
    (1) 53322
    (1) 53324
    (3) 53792 1.5 13khz 8ohm 6.6khz 16ohm
    (3) 53797
    (1) 53799 10 2khz 8ohm 990 16ohm

For instance,
    The 4345 reference thread provides a schematic with only values no part numbers
    This is what we are trying to find or the values for the part numbers

Here:
    Name:  N3145-huh2-reversed -c.JPG
Views: 2118
Size:  43.3 KB
    Brian

The 3114 only shares its uhf with the 4344,4333,4345. And L212.
    Cross referencing the pdfs for matches is not working in this regard.
    The 2203, 2208, and 2105 I have yet to find. Could I use I will look at the 4310,4311
    Ect for a match for the le5-2

If you will use the link I provided you, click on it and "go" to that page, and then select the desired pdf and open it, you will discover that all the parts #s (irrelevant) as well as the corresponding VALUES (what you "say" is what you need) all appear there on the page along with a handy dandy drawing of how to put it all together

I know, I checked the schematics for content before I posted the link to your thread

I don't know what else your guy needs?

Thomas

Why'd you delete your post there bro?

• speakerdave

Dang. AmateurJoin DateMay 2003LocationNorthern CaliforniaPosts3,184

The DCR of the shunt inductors would be nice.

"Audio is filled with dangerous amateurs." --- Tim de Paravicini

I'll play along; 'cause it's not what he asked for?

I (finally) took a look at his file and it's the same as the one I linked him to at JBL "pro"
    He even provided a cap part# off that said same schematic to cite as an example, so I have no idea what in the hell it is this joker is asking for

An English handbook maybe?

Sorry I misunderstood maybe the author had been sesrching for actual jbl parts rather then updated capacitors
    Ive messged with him for clarification.
    Thanks again.

Hello,
    3114 Network.pdf
    The capacitor values in the original JBL schematic are written in ancient ( & obsolete ) script ( that would easily confuse a youngster who's unaware that the written ( electronic notational ) conventions have changed over the decades ( & last century ) .

MF = uF ( in, todays capacitor parlance ) .

No doubt, the ( center-???)tapped inductor will be next to confuse & throw ( this un-named person ) for a loop ( &this little speed-bump isn't as easy to overcome / save winding one's own tapped inductor ).

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    The capacitor values in the original JBL schematic are written in ancient ( & obsolete ) script ( that would easily confuse a youngster who's unaware that the written ( electronic notational ) conventions have changed over the decades ( & last century ) .

MF = uF ( in, todays capacitor parlance ) .

No doubt, the ( center-???)tapped inductor will be next to confuse & throw ( this un-named person ) for a loop ( &this little speed-bump isn't as easy to overcome / save winding one's own tapped inductor ).

You are too kind and I know that your post is intended to be helpful, BUT if you are correct, and whoever the OP has attempting to build him some networks is not aware of the MF/uF situation then he's got bigger "problems" than worrying about a center tap on an inductor

I almost think this thread is joke or a troll; then I don't know, if not for the fact that there has been an outbreak of them lately (no English language skills combined with bizarre, all over the map "questions", relatively new members with low to next to nothing post counts) and NEVER any project photos
    The all over the map part of it is why I am feeling like we're being "punked"; the language thing with some members has always been that way and you could always figure it out as they were focused..............this stuff lately has just been so silly sounding and random

Thomas

Obsolete
    Here are the network values.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks to whom ever was kind enough to post those values as with many things after we decided to refute all information on the sheet in favor of illegible writing we concluded whats to be needed for a final provision.

Now im having a last question of the insertion losses of the 5 iron core inductors, with that final tid bit of information I can conclude this headace of a topic for the majority of its posters.
    Thanks and sorry agian for the helpless feeling I have surround you with. Im not a troll. Just look around.

Obsolete
    Now im having a last question of the insertion losses of the 5 iron core inductors,
    Around 0.6 ohms or less.

Good news thanks owe you one.
    Brian,

Ok the crossover builder is saying thats ok for one inductor, not all any ides about the other four

Your crossover builder has been told to keep the DCR under .6R ( ohms ) for any inductor found within the schematic .

Stores selling inductors will typically have this information available as part of the product description.

Stores selling inductors will not specifiy insertion loss within the product description ( since, no-one can know the figure because it depends on the working impedance for that part of the circuit ).

I'd recommend stepping away from this portion of the project ( putting it on ice ) for a while ( until you've acquired the necessary drivers & your network assembler has done a bit more homework ) .

Thread Information