Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My revamped JBL PRO theater

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    This entire speaker setup including the Be phrams was just at 4K and I have spares for everything. My last setup of B&W signature 800's was more than twice as much and does not even come close to sounding as good as this does.
    I love that quote!!!!

What CDs are you using? I use 2 x 2447h w/ the 2450-SL phragms and one 2450-SL. I really want to do the Be upgrade. Is it worth it? Some say yes, some say no. I had 2242s flanking the screen but I wasted them, oops. Now I have a combo of 2x EVX-180 and 2 x SI HT18's up front. Near field flanking the MLP I have a 2245 and an AE TD-18H+ (each in 8 cu ft cabs). Then for smoothing I have an IB in the rear wall, mid way up with 2 x MJ18s. They are all powered by a QSC 4050HD and a Crown XLS-5000.

For surrounds I am using 4 x JBL AC18/26 driven by a Crown CTs4200.

Tomorrow I begin the install of 4 Tannoy CVS6 (http://tannoy.com/NewsProductPop.aspx?q=55.64) in my ceiling along with a new Denon X5200. I hate the thought of rewiring my processor along with the MiniDSP-88a ( I know it won't control the ceiling speakers).

It's kind of crazy. The dedicated theater is in my sub basement (I have two basements). I am seeing my dry wall cracking 3 stories above the theater as well as the garage wall.

Isn't this fun!!!! What???

I have a 2447 in the center and 2446's on the sides. I like the Be's but a good Aluminum would be fine with me as well. Especially in the theater where I really do not listen to music just movies.

I am using the limiting function of my DCi's for protection from over excursion on the subs so it really should not blow up any drivers.

Mine is plenty loud and the LF can be just a bit to much sometimes as well. But that is where having more than enough LF drivers makes not over-driving them easy and requires less power.

I am in the measurement/tweek stage so this could take some time!
    Always fun learning more.......

The OPPO has volume. One of the reasons I chose it. It also has a great iOS/Android app so the player does not need to be in the same room if you have a wireless network.
    Thanks

I am using the limiting function of my DCi's for protection from over excursion on the subs so it really should not blow up any drivers.
    I'd like to do the same thng. Was there any formula that you found to calculate the limits. I only remember the DCi Videos on youtube showing the limiter functions but that was it.

Thanks in advanced,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    Thanks

I'd like to do the same thng. Was there any formula that you found to calculate the limits. I only remember the DCi Videos on youtube showing the limiter functions but that was it.

Thanks in advanced,
    Scott
    I really did not use any science at all. I just watched the meters and limited it by watching the output, although it is very similar to using a compressor/limiter with thermal limiting as a bonus. Pretty cool if you ask me.
    Always fun learning more.......

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    Thanks

Thanks in advanced,
    Scott
    Hallo!

Look at these links from Crown.

http://adn.harmanpro.com/site_elemen...e_original.pdf

or just use the settings from the M2 in your DCi

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    Hallo!

Look at these links from Crown.

or just use the settings from the M2 in your DCi
    Thanks for the above links, good reading material for the weekend. I'll be using the setting form the M2, I didn't realize they already had the setting in the file.

Thanks,
    Scott

Thread Information