Thread: JBL L-65 Jubal Cabinet Base Restoration / Repair Inquiry

JBL L-65 Jubal Cabinet Base Restoration / Repair Inquiry

Greetings again from the work bench:
    I recently acquired a clean set of L-65As with water damaged and crumbling cabinet bases. My objective is to replicate and replace these laminated particle board bases. I am reluctant to remove the speakers to reveal the method by which these bases are attached if not necessary. No fasteners are visible from the bottom. Is it necessary to remove the speakers to properly replace the bases? Are they screwed in place from the interior of the cabinet, or were they attached with an adhesive to the bottom of the cabinet? Thanks in advance for the experienced directive. Best, Sam Rawlins, Atlanta, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtopick View Post
    Greetings again from the work bench:
    I recently acquired a clean set of L-65As with water damaged and crumbling cabinet bases. My objective is to replicate and replace these laminated particle board bases. I am reluctant to remove the speakers to reveal the method by which these bases are attached if not necessary. No fasteners are visible from the bottom. Is it necessary to remove the speakers to properly replace the bases? Are they screwed in place from the interior of the cabinet, or were they attached with an adhesive to the bottom of the cabinet? Thanks in advance for the experienced directive. Best, Sam Rawlins, Atlanta, GA
    I have a pair I've removed the drivers from numerous times to refoam and swap 128H-1 and 2203 with the 122A. Crossover is sitting on the bottom, insulation also. Mine are in great shape so didn't need to investigate. But it's only 4 screws. Be brave!

Thread Information