Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: New Studio Sub 18

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    242
    From the install version:
    25 Hz - 200 Hz: 96 dB-SPL, 1W (2.83V) @ 1m

    25 Hz - 200 Hz: 96 dB-SPL, 1W (2.83V) @ 1m

    Pretty amazing specs if that is true!

  2. #17
    Member Dave Cawley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dartmouth Devon UK
    Posts
    53

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    since the 2269H also are used in smaller cinema boxes with lower tuning (-10db@18hz)
    Which one is that ?
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

  3. #18
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,492
    Great,is it active?
    46 lover

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Great,is it active?
    Which sub are you asking about?

    Neither SUB18 or the Cinema-version are active. They're both passive.

  5. #20
    Senior Member baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Haugesund, Norway
    Posts
    818
    Sub 18 in the middle looks tiny compared to a pair of MD7 (which also use a pair of 2269)


  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Sub 18 in the middle looks tiny compared to a pair of MD7 (which also use a pair of 2269)

    Wow! I just ordered two sub18's and my girlfriend was a little worried about the size. If I show her this picture, I'm sure she will stop worrying

  7. #22
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas_h View Post
    Which sub are you asking about?

    Neither SUB18 or the Cinema-version are active. They're both passive.
    Of course,new Sub 18,thank you
    It is hard and expensive to find a power AMP to serve it
    46 lover

  8. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    17
    Has anybody on here heard this sub or has bought this sub? There really isn't a whole lot of information out there or that many reviews. I'm surprised we haven't heard more about it.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    Has anybody on here heard this sub or has bought this sub? There really isn't a whole lot of information out there or that many reviews. I'm surprised we haven't heard more about it.
    I have two - I upgraded from S1S-EX's. Haven't done so much listening yet, but so far they live up to the S1S-EX. It's difficult to explain the differences, but they somehow have more "weight" to the bass. Not weight as in low frequencies but in the overall frequency range. They are still fast and articulate (hate to use the word "fast" to describe subs, but it's the best way to explain it).

    Name:  Screenwall.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  78.3 KB

  10. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas_h View Post
    I have two - I upgraded from S1S-EX's. Haven't done so much listening yet, but so far they live up to the S1S-EX. It's difficult to explain the differences, but they somehow have more "weight" to the bass. Not weight as in low frequencies but in the overall frequency range. They are still fast and articulate (hate to use the word "fast" to describe subs, but it's the best way to explain it).

    Name:  Screenwall.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  78.3 KB
    Wow, that's impressive looking to say the least. They tout about the subs accuracy and ability to play sustained high SPL's. The one spec that leaves me wondering is extension. At 20hz it's 10 db down, at 23hz, it's 6 db down. I'm sure the in room response is a bit lower. I know you haven't done much listening yet, but have you noticed a lack of subsonic frequencies at all?

  11. #26
    Senior Member srm51555's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    514
    Nice setup!

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    242
    My last subs where with the 2242H driver, so I am used to having subs which does not extend to 8hz as other insane DIY subs. The Sub18 sure don't lack LF compared to S1S-EX, so I am satisfied. I have not tested with high spl yet - max 20db from ref level.

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    760
    Those M2 Monitors looks tiny

  14. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas_h View Post
    My last subs where with the 2242H driver, so I am used to having subs which does not extend to 8hz as other insane DIY subs. The Sub18 sure don't lack LF compared to S1S-EX, so I am satisfied. I have not tested with high spl yet - max 20db from ref level.
    Yeah some of those DIY subs are outrageous. Some JTR offerings are crazy as well, extending well below 20hz. As long as the SUB18 can make it to about 16hz without significantly dropping off (lowest note on a pipe organ, typically). I'm curious on your thoughts once you get a chance to stretch their legs.

    Again, incredible looking set up!

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    tampa
    Posts
    114
    What are the port dimensions and/or tuning?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Studio 590
    By LowPhreak in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 11:03 AM
  2. Studio 590
    By oa5599 in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 01:51 PM
  3. Jbl L 890 Studio
    By rockerxx69 in forum Lansing Product DIY Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 12:50 AM
  4. JBL Studio L-820
    By Guido in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 09:32 AM
  5. My Studio
    By still4given in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •