Hi all,

I am thinking to update my JBL 4311B I own since over 30 years, first of all I need stands to lift them off the ground, looking for something suitable to raise them 16-20 inches then would like to work on the speakers, first changing the connectors on the back, the original spring loaded ones are quite poor and barely fit the power cables.

First question: I tried a while ago to remove the woofer, unscrewed it but it wouldn't come off, is it somehow glued or what? Do I have to first remove, say, the midrange to apply force from within to take the woofer off?

Second question: once I menage to remove the woofer would it be easy to remove the actual cable connectors to replace them with a new couple?

Third question: I read in some threads here and there about upgrading/updating the crossover components like the mid-high controls as well as capacitors (dunno if this is the correct translation), is that an easy update to perform? I can handle a soldering tool but dunno which abilities are required and which are the expected improvements, also, does it take to remove the bottom pad with the JBL logo which also covers the mid-tweeter caps? Is then it easy to remove-mount it back?

Apologize for my english and for my naive questions, I just love these speakers, I had to work a couple months or more to buy them when I was 14 and they still amaze me with their sound.

Grazie

Giovanni