Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K 145

paragon

K 145

Just bought a K 145 on Ebay. Price was 145 USD including shipping. Sorry, lost the other one (was to late), so i get only one
    What do you think about this speaker ?
    I think it`s one of the best you can get from JBL (similar to 150C, underhang voice coil, large alnico, rare).

Eckhard

pangea

K145

I had a pair of those, mounted in a pair of 4530's back in the seventies. You can't eveven begin to imagine how many times I've regretted selling them, just as I regretted having sold my L300's some years later.

/Roland

paragon

Sad

/Yes Roland,

Feel with you. I think this is one of the most expensieve bass drivers JBL ever build.
    Waiting for it. The guy who sold this had four of this and i need another one.
    When i bought my four 2205A in 79/80 the price for the K145 was only 50 DM higher than the 2205 (2205= 425 DM, K145= 475 DM).
    But you sold a pair L300 ???? Oh God, what a mistake !!

Eckhard

paragon

Whats that speaker in your avatar ? Pics please.

Eckhard

pangea
    Quote Originally Posted by paragon
    /Yes Roland,

Feel with you. I think this is one of the most expensieve bass drivers JBL ever build.
    Waiting for it. The guy who sold this had four of this and i need another one.
    When i bought my four 2205A in 79/80 the price for the K145 was only 50 DM higher than the 2205 (2205= 425 DM, K145= 475 DM).
    But you sold a pair L300 ???? Oh God, what a mistake !!

Eckhard
    I KNOW!!! I deserve a real horse whipping!!!
    Why do you think I had to post four of the banging heads on the brick wall?

It still hurts!!!
    I even sold them cheap to an old friend whom I lost contact with, some ten years ago.

/Roland

paragon

L300

A few years ago an old man sold his L300 for only 1200 DM. I was to late .
    The bassdrivers where reconed by Harman Deutschland !!!
    Lucky man bought this.
    The old man bought Wilson Watt puppy (?). Sh.. Small speakers for much money.

Eckhard

pangea

Unhappy

A few years ago an old man sold his L300 for only 1200 DM. I was to late .
    The bassdrivers where reconed by Harman Deutschland !!!
    Lucky man bought this.
    The old man bought Wilson Watt puppy (?). Sh.. Small speakers for much money.

Eckhard
    A few years after I sold my L300's, the Swedish representative, whom I knew and had helped few times at various HiFi-shows, phoned me and said that one of his customers were selling his Paragon for 15000SEK, roughly 1500€, a bargain even in the late seventies.
    But when I got there with the money in my hand, the Paragon had been already sold to another person, only 15 minutes earlier!!!

Do you think that did hurt me???

So, it seems we share a few common experiences.

/Roland

paragon

Oohhhhh !!

Yes, but its gone. We can`t change.
    Show me your avatar, please and describe(?).

Eckhard

pangea

2441's

Yes, but its gone. We can`t change.
    Show me your avatar, please and describe(?).

Eckhard
    You're absolutely right! No sence in crying over it now!

The speakers are DIY and consist of a Urei 2215H in a larger part of the cabinet and it takes care of the deep end from 25Hz to 61Hz, then there is a JBL2225H using a smaller part, taking care of the mid-bass, right now up to 691Hz, (bypassing the 2110A and the built in 075 at the moment), going straight to the JBL2445J with a Selenium horn and a 075, placed on top of the DIY speaker, as shown on the pics.

All drivers are crossed over by a pair of Behringer UltraDrive DCX2496 and then hooked up to a couple of DIY Hypex class-D UcD180 and a UcD400 amps, which by the way, I'm very happy with.

The building of these amps has occupied much of my time this smmer and fall and that's why I have been absent from the forum for a While.

After these pictures were taken, there has been a few minor changes though.

EDIT: BTW! I have a pair of 2441's coming my way, which I am going to try to replace the 2110 with. The 2441 will also be mounted on a a Selenium horn and then it should fit in the hole after some moulding in fiber-glass within the sub-chamber for the 2110.

/Roland
    Last edited by pangea; 11-26-2004 at 01:46 PM. Reason: addition

paragon

Drivers

Yes , i see the two 2215, but where is the 2225 ?
    Very interesting power amp under your tv !!

Eckhard

paragon

Low

You get power at 25 Hz with this drivers ?? Can`t believe.
    Second pic : much elko`s. Whatīs this?

Eckhard

pangea
    Yes , i see the two 2215, but where is the 2225 ?
    Very interesting power amp under your tv !!

Eckhard
    OK, what seems to be two identical 15" drivers are in fact one of each. If you look again at the vent-holes, you'll see that they are tuned differently.

The big amp is a Yamaha PC2602M, which I bought from the Royal "Dramaten" theatre in Stockholm. It's a very nice amp and even more so, after I've added an extra 12V PC-fan driven with a 9V supply. This made the amp completely silent at all times.

/Roland

pangea
    You get power at 25 Hz with this drivers ?? Can`t believe.
    Second pic : much elko`s. Whatīs this?

Eckhard
    I don't quite follow.

Could you elaborate?

/Roland

paragon

Power

Is that a power supply in the third picture ?
    And do you get real 25 Hz with this bass drivers ?

Eckhard

pangea
    Is that a power supply in the third picture ?
    And do you get real 25 Hz with this bass drivers ?

Eckhard
    It's not only a very hefty power supply, it's also a complete DIY amp. It has also two Class-D Hypex UcD400 modules (2*400W) behind the large Rifa capacitors, but these modules are so small that they don't even show on the picture. Still the total weight is 16,5Kg.

I'm not absolutely sure how deep they go, but it can't be that far off from the 25Hz mark, according to what the UltraCurve tells me. The cabs for the 2215H are also tuned to 25Hz.

Do you by any chance have the spec's on the UREI 2215H? I've looked everywhere, but never found any.

/Roland

Thread Information