Thread: Crown DCI Amps

Crown DCI Amps

After reading that crown has released M2 DSP parameters for the DCI N series of amps (thanks Valentin), I've been really thinking on what I could sell to obtain either the 4|600 or 4|300. My original plan for my DIY M2's was to either use a crown K2 or Mcintosh MC2155 on the lower end and either a MC2100(rebuilt) or the MC2155 on the upper. The DSP would be a BSS Blu-100. Given the age of these amps I'd like to replace them at some point, but I'm unsure if the crown sound as good. Any thoughts or experience on these series of amps? Thanks, Scott.

Mctwins
    Hallo!

Crown DCi is a great amp. Don't know if you can use the M2 settings to you particular speaker but I did found out when loaded the M2 setting into my DCi there is really nothing to see, the DSP setting is locked. You have to do it manually or some other way.

@srm

Can you clarify? So you can upload the M2 anechoic data to a DCI amp? No Blu DSP processor needed? I thought I heard the DCI amps do not have the processing power to handle the M2. Unless that wasn't accurate.

With the "N" series of DCi Amps you will be able to load multiple LSR705i/LSR708i settings and M2. No DSP needed, but since it has analog cards you will need to have a high signal coming from your source for the DSP to work correctly. I'm going to use a EV-C for volume control and run my cd player right into the amp.

Hope this helps,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by adidino View Post
    @srm

Can you clarify? So you can upload the M2 anechoic data to a DCI amp? No Blu DSP processor needed? I thought I heard the DCI amps do not have the processing power to handle the M2. Unless that wasn't accurate.

So hoping for a little setup advice on the DCI/N amps. Have the amps installed and configured. Getting a ground loop hum out of the mains speakers. Did not happen with my previous amps. I initially thought it was the input gain so I set that to 26db (from 34db default) but no luck. Amps are on dedicated circuits and balanced cable to the processor. As mentioned earlier, was not getting a ground loop him with my previous amps installed.

What are you using for a control. I was reading in the contrio manual that could happen if the contrio wasnt grounded in certain applications. Maybe you could disconnect all inputs connected to the amp to try to isolate it. Use a set of "test" speakers for troubleshooting.

Good luck, scott

Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    What are you using for a control. I was reading in the contrio manual that could happen if the contrio wasnt grounded in certain applications. Maybe you could disconnect all inputs connected to the amp to try to isolate it. Use a set of "test" speakers for troubleshooting.

Good luck, scott
    Turned out to be a bad balanced cable. Took a while to nail it down but I found it.

Thread Information