Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2235H basket

2235H basket

I'm searching for a 2235H 15" woofer for my b380 subwoofer and have found a couple of contenders to fill the empty box, but one driver found on EBay, listed as new and unused, have the square binding posts from the more recent version of drivers, while my old 2235H has the round ones.

Any comments on this is a genuine 2235H ?
    The driver is listed at 600 USD and I also have to pay 160 USD in import charge as well as 40 USD for shipping, so I need to be shure :-)

regards
    Anders - Denmark
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's crazy money to be honest.
    You can buy 2225H basktets for like €20-50 piece and get them reconed for around €250-300/speaker with genuine 2235H cone.

Hi Anders;

Welcome to Lansing Heritage!

From what can be seen it sure could be what it is proported to be. It has the packing that comes with a finished goods driver. The later terminals were definitely used on 2235 baskets.

What could be questionable is no front photos. It is possible to likely the foam surround is dying or dead.
    It seems odd to ask top price for it without showing the front of it at least.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by martin2395 View Post
    That's crazy money to be honest.
    You can buy 2225H basktets for like €20-50 piece and get them reconed for around €250-300/speaker with genuine 2235H cone.
    You are right about that my friend, but I have had no luck finding a genuine recone kit, any suggestions to where I can find one ?
    My old 2235H basket is perfectly fine, the only problem I have is that the woofer has to high a fs due to stiff a foam surround and possible a missing mass ring. I think somebody did a shitty job reconing, and used a shitty kit to do it with.

One picture and the assumption that the seller is honest. ;-)

"This is a Brand New JBL 2235H Bass Sub Woofer Speaker. I Opened the box to inspect the speaker. If you have any questions please ask. shipping and handling is 15.00"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-JB...sAAOSw5VFWLAa2

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    One picture and the assumption that the seller is honest. ;-)

"This is a Brand New JBL 2235H Bass Sub Woofer Speaker. I Opened the box to inspect the speaker. If you have any questions please ask. shipping and handling is 15.00"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-JB...sAAOSw5VFWLAa2
    That is the auction I was looking at, do I sense some sarcasm in your post (-:
    I have asked seller for more photos, also of the writing on the backside of the cone, I guess I just have to be patient ;-)

You can be certain that the foam surround will be shot on the 2235H from Ebay, if it's 'brand new'.
    The seller is asking more than what a good pair of 2235H's cost.

I had a pair of 2235H with bogus cones and they sounded like sh*t squared. Wrong cone material, no mass ring etc.
    Ripped them right away and sold the baskets. I get sick of seeing aftermarket cones / diaphragms sold as original.

Do you have any shop around that does sound reinforcement (sales/rent/servicing)?

Quote Originally Posted by martin2395 View Post
    Do you have any shop around that does sound reinforcement (sales/rent/servicing)?
    Yes, my "sister company" does PA rental and such, but they don´t use Harman stuff, it´s all German gear :-)
    I have Emailed a couple of JBL service centers (UK, Greece, Etc.), they all say the kit is out of stock.

But there are more reinforcement companies around here, what did you have in mind ?

Quote Originally Posted by fiedel View Post
    I'm searching for a 2235H 15" woofer for my b380 subwoofer and have found a couple of contenders to fill the empty box, but one driver found on EBay, listed as new and unused, have the square binding posts from the more recent version of drivers, while my old 2235H has the round ones.

Any comments on this is a genuine 2235H ?
    The driver is listed at 600 USD and I also have to pay 160 USD in import charge as well as 40 USD for shipping, so I need to be shure :-)

regards
    Anders - Denmark
    I know someone who has few pairs of genuine 2235h in exellent shape, not abused, tested and Refoamed. $600 USD for a pair?
    $650 for a pair is a very decent price. Nothing is cheap now a days... Shipping and taxes are normal dues...
    C

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger604 View Post
    I know someone who has few pairs of genuine 2235h in exellent shape, not abused, tested and Refoamed. $600 USD for a pair?
    $650 for a pair is a very decent price. Nothing is cheap now a days... Shipping and taxes are normal dues...
    C
    Any chance of me buying one of those, or the both of them ?????

Quote Originally Posted by fiedel View Post
    Any chance of me buying one of those, or the both of them ?????
    Sent me a PM and I will connect you.
    C

Less than a year ago I had two 2205s re-coned as 2235s with OEM kits. I suppose it's possible that they're sold out again but it may be worth some more sleuthing on your part. I'd definitely go the re-cone route if I were in your shoes as that provides some assurance as to the longevity of the foams and the installation of the mass ring.

Good luck,

Warren
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zeppeli View Post
    Less than a year ago I had two 2205s re-coned as 2235s with OEM kits. I suppose it's possible that they're sold out again but it may be worth some more sleuthing on your part. I'd definitely go the re-cone route if I were in your shoes as that provides some assurance as to the longevity of the foams and the installation of the mass ring.

Good luck,

Warren
    This would be my preferred solution, but the kit is still waiting to be found.............

I just measured the 2235H in free air, fs=36Hz
    No wonder it sounds a little "honky", it might do good in a old bas amp combo, sloppy bass with natural compression......

JBL USA has 219 C8R2235 cone kits in stock right now.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Thread Information