Thread: 4345 cabinets?

4345 cabinets?

Greetings, All,

I have often wondered if anyone out there is manufacturing a really nice clone of 4345 cabinets, and offering them for sale? Seems like I read about that, here, sometime in the past.

Cynthia and I are still loving our L300's, but look forward to getting the 4-way up and running, too, so we an compare. I would consider buying a set of cabinets, if someone is making them. Just a thought. Thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc (who wished every one a very Merry Christmas, or Happy Hanukkah, and a very happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!!)
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Greetings, All,

I have often wondered if anyone out there is manufacturing a really nice clone of 4345 cabinets, and offering them for sale?
    Well, mine came from SAEMAN here. Or, more accurately, NoRealTalent here purchased them from SAEMAN, then populated them and eventually sold them to NewZenith here, who sold them to me. In truth, they are Kenrick cabinets that never made the trip to Japan . . .

Last he wrote on the topic, there was one more black-ash-baffle 4345, yet to be assembled, in Rick's possession.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Morning, BMWCC,

Thanks, Phil! I've sent Rick a PM, but as he's not been around of late, won't expect to hear back from him anytime soon. Another LH member, who does some excellent work, has contacted me, and we're kicking this around. I'm excited, but realize that nothing is going to happen anytime soon, which is actually a good thing. Thanks, again, for your suggestion, my friend. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Doc , any good fabricating workshop would be able to put these together armed with the correct drawings and spec. The woodworking involved is not that complicated. You might need to give some input with things like porting , finish etc

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    Doc , any good fabricating workshop would be able to put these together armed with the correct drawings and spec. The woodworking involved is not that complicated. You might need to give some input with things like porting , finish etc
    It would appear the necessary drawings and specs are available right here: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...nclosure-Plans
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Evening, BMWCC and Mac,

Many thanks for your additional suggestions. I have the skills to build the cabinets, but our mountain home offers me no place to actually do that, other than outside. That's been a huge problem for woodworking, and other such activities, and until we get a close-in garage, I expect to be hamstrung by this limitation. That's why I was seeking someone else to build the enclosures, and veneer them. I can do the rest, myself, I believe. We'll see how it all turns out. Whilst not wanting to dump our beloved L300's, I'm ready to hear, in our own home, what the 4345 has to offer. My own 4-way system is just waiting for me. But, as that is not really a 4345 clone, and will have a different "voice", I decided to ask whether anyone was offering nicely done enclosures for sale. I was stoked with one of our members very kindly offered to do this work, and we're in conversation about it, now. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Thread Information