Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: foilcals for 4345

foilcals for 4345

Is there a source for the 4345 foilcals? I have everything covered except for those.

Quote Originally Posted by quindecima View Post
    Is there a source for the 4345 foilcals? I have everything covered except for those.

Hi,
    you can get in touch with Rudy. Very nice guy.
    He has what you need!

[email protected]

C

I'd look for an alternative first (there are other people and technologies that can do it for you and just as nicely)
    Mr "Sign--Shop" is one of the worst gougers on ePay I have ever encountered in a long long time
    Specialty "niche" product or not
    His rates are confiscatory for all of his shit
    I especially enjoy his $4 dollar machine screws complete with a .10 chinese T-nut (and don't forget the $3.95 shipping)
    I wouldn't spend a nickel with this guy
    I realize there are costs involved to set this up, but with today's graphics and printing capabilities....................this guy is, to just put it simply, "Fing" people who don't know where else to go (or, that they CAN go somewhere else) Once he has his template, it costs him peanuts to turn these out

I believe in capitalism and honest profits 100% but not taking advantage of fish in a barrel, PLUS he doesn't even do the number embossing!

I also wonder if he has JBL's permission to do this shit and use all of their trademarked/copyrighted logos, materials and colors?

This guy is a rip off (and I don't care if he's your friend or not) He's gouging, taking advantage of a situation:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/sign--shop/m...p2047675.l2562

BUT, this is still The U.S.A. the last time I looked, so he can do whatever the hell it is he wants to do, and so can I, NOT give him a nickel OR the time of day

Y'all be good!

Thomas

On another note:
    If anyone has a pair of foilcals they have ruined but are still intact metal wise (as in not torn) I will be happy to try and repair them for you at least well enough until a better pair/option comes long

Price would be just a few dollars for materials and postage ( couldn't imagine it being more than $10 bucks top) MAYBE $15 if I have to lacquer them numerous times to even them out

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    I also wonder if he has JBL's permission to do this shit and use all of their trademarked/copyrighted logos, materials and colors?
    Sadly, JBL's in such disarray they've not a chance - nor a care? - to keep their logos and TMs protected.

I've waited for 8 weeks to get a biamp/DSP module for one of the VP line - a terrific line which has a lot of units out in use. We cannot get answers, let alone parts. JBL now says they're not sure they make the module anymore (even after giving an updated part no.), but they cannot find them, regardless. They offered B stock - I said great, I'll take three (since you're running out and I have eight units in constant rotation). But, they wouldn't ship. More weeks. Then, they report they are not sure they have them. Today, they O/N them without us even asking. And this experience it twice as bad as an identical one, last year...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

I'd look for an alternative first (there are other people and technologies that can do it for you and just as nicely)
    Mr "Sign--Shop" is one of the worst gougers on ePay I have ever encountered in a long long time
    Specialty "niche" product or not
    His rates are confiscatory for all of his shit
    I especially enjoy his $4 dollar machine screws complete with a .10 chinese T-nut (and don't forget the $3.95 shipping)
    I wouldn't spend a nickel with this guy
    I realize there are costs involved to set this up, but with today's graphics and printing capabilities....................this guy is, to just put it simply, "Fing" people who don't know where else to go (or, that they CAN go somewhere else) Once he has his template, it costs him peanuts to turn these out

I believe in capitalism and honest profits 100% but not taking advantage of fish in a barrel, PLUS he doesn't even do the number embossing!

This guy is a rip off (and I don't care if he's your friend or not) He's gouging, taking advantage of a situation:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/sign--shop/m...p2047675.l2562

BUT, this is still The U.S.A. the last time I looked, so he can do whatever the hell it is he wants to do, and so can I, NOT give him a nickel OR the time of day

Y'all be good!

Thomas
    Hi Wagner,
    I have to agree with you. I didn't know that he had this reputation.
    He justified the shipping cost to Canada because ebay was asking fees to ship it to Kentucky then to me. Was wierd but I just did it. Won't get anything from him.
    Still looking pegs...
    C

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger604 View Post
    Hi Wagner,
    I am not attacking his reputation at all; some people even love the guy from what I hear

What I am saying is that he is an opportunistic, price gouging hustler (and not a very ethical one in my view) for charging the money he does for what it is he's making, makes no matter that it's a "niche" product

It ain't that hard and it ain't that special to do (anymore)

With today's printing technology (and cutting) it's an Fing insult to my intelligence what this guy is charging for his goods and he can't/won't even serialize them?!

The Beauty of it all is, this is (still) America and he can do whatever the hell it is he wants, and charge the same as well

But there's another part of that Beauty, My Opinion, and anyone who doesn't share it or like it? Tough shit

The guy's prices are bull shit, and to make matters worse he also gouges on "shipping"

I love sign shop eBay user. He is really fair for quality of his work. Also he has some spectular custom Jbl speakers he made from exotic woods.

Quote Originally Posted by script56 View Post
    I love sign shop eBay user. He is really fair for quality of his work. Also he has some spectular custom Jbl speakers he made from exotic woods.
    That's great, I am glad you are happy with him

Doesn't change the fact that the guy is a gouger, I don't give shit what the quality of his work is
    There are more involved labels and badges affixed to wine bottles, cigar boxes and perfume bottles nowadays than the stuff he's making

It's not that big a deal anymore to achieve high quality transfer; a computer and a high resolution camera does most of it, NOT "Mr. Sign--shop"

He over charges for what you get, for what he has in it and the fact that his market is microscopic in the greater scheme of things, so he can get away with it without being called out for it (which I do understated, still doesn't justify gouging; he could make other stuff as well) Expand his current "catalog"

I fully understand that if you're in the middle of a restoration project and all you need to put the finishing touches on on a project is a foilcal or two, then the cost often doesn't seem that extravagant; it still doesn't make it right to gouge...................but ah well, that's the way it goes (supply and demand, aka: capitalism)

Maybe it's time for a little friendly competition

Hi Wagner,
    He justified the shipping cost to Canada because ebay was asking fees to ship it to Kentucky then to me. Was wierd but I just did it. Won't get anything from him.
    Still looking pegs...
    C
    Make 'em an offer with a nice note attached:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-L-Series...4AAOSw8-tWZ1a7

I don't have foilcals since I had factory 4345's, but I do have a pair of repro grille badges sourced out of Japan. Let me know if you're interested.
    "Audio is filled with dangerous amateurs." --- Tim de Paravicini

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    I don't have foilcals since I had factory 4345's, but I do have a pair of repro grille badges sourced out of Japan. Let me know if you're interested.
    Do they have mounting posts attached, or just bare-back? I have a set without and no real good solution to mounting them. Just curious.

I don't really like the look of them with the badges anyway where I have them. They're imposing enough in my living room even with black grilles!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Make 'em an offer with a nice note attached:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-L-Series...4AAOSw8-tWZ1a7
    Thanks Wagner! I can wait for it. Looking for black pegs.
    C

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Do they have mounting posts attached, or just bare-back? I have a set without and no real good solution to mounting them. Just curious.

I don't really like the look of them with the badges anyway where I have them. They're imposing enough in my living room even with black grilles!
    Mine also blank, may be from the same source. I think the idea was to glue on some tie tack type mounts, sourced from where I could not say. That's the way my factory 4333A badges were mounted. I didn't like that idea myself; thought it would pull the grille cloth a little. My plan was to attach bosses extending downward from the top grille frame rail with some flat ceramic magnets on them and also glue some light steel plates (probably should be stainless) to the backs of the badges. I agree about not actually wanting them in my living room. It was just part of cherrying out the speakers. The grilles were never made, and the speakers were sold without.
    "Audio is filled with dangerous amateurs." --- Tim de Paravicini

Thanks Wagner! I can wait for it. Looking for black pegs.
    C
    If I can dig some black ones up I'll send them to you
    It always works that way; when you want one, you can only find the other (unless you're willing to pay the ridiculous $10 bucks a pop price
    The white ones can always be made black if that seller will give you a reasonable deal

I'll check with a flipper friend of mine tomorrow (yeah, we all know at least one), we may get lucky; he's got a pair of trashed cabs but right now I don't know what's left on them

Best wishes,
    Thomas

Thread Information