Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL 4367 first listen

Take your own music to the shop and a friend or better still ask for a home demonstration.

The salesman’s power to influence is far less in your own home.

For $15k l would insist on it or look at other options.

Most reputable shops will do that if they know your not tyre kicking

I have no idea where you got the idea that I'm looking to buy 4367. I have a set of 4365 and 2 pairs of M2 DIY and no plans to buy 4367.

The seller is a genuine JBL entusiast who recently have started a small "homeshop" for Synthesis speakers. and do also have S9900 for sale for 4 times the price of 4367, he sells M2 systems and have no reasons for talking BS since he sells all systems. The statement is something he wrote in another forum, open for everyone in a discussion 4367 vs M2. He's probably one of few in Europe that actually can demo both in the same room With the same Connected equipment so I thought his impression was quite interestenig, but I was obviously wrong

Don’t be offended.

I wasn’t making a direct reference to you.

The general tone of recent post is about why the differences in the M2 versus the 4367 on the basis of what someone said. Who they are and what they are is irrelevant. Weight of opinion in hifi circles is fraught with danger.

It’s about what’s important to the individual.

Clinically quoting it or talking about what someone said is pure speculation unless you can claim to have personally listened to both in the same room at the same and can sight specific differences.

Even then the guy sitting next to you might disagree?

What would you do then? Argue endlessly on the forums?

That’s not the answer.

What l have discussed recently is an approach to rationalise out the apparent struggle over which is best.

There is no speculation in the context of that approach.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    I thought his impression was quite interestenig, but I was obviously wrong
    FWIW I for one think it’s about sharing experiences and as the recent purchaser of 4367’s I value the input. I’ve never heard the M2’s and probably never will. I like the simplicity of a large fulll range 2 way which is what the 4367 is essentially. I can respect the progress made with DSP and enjoy the simplicity of the 4367 and am happy to learn others share that view.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasJustice View Post
    I’ve owned more “high end” amps than the Luxman. I’ve owned Soulution, Krell 900e, Dartzeel and Mola Mola to name a few. I’m no longer a believe in the super expensive amps. I guess I’m sort of reformed. I doubt any of those luxury amps could outperform the benchmark amps. The only one that could be a real competitor would be Soulution 711. IMO, the ahb2 renders amplification a “solved problem” as I read in an honest review about it.
    Are you still convinced by the amp now that you have owned it a while?
    I'm considering going all out on Benchmark right now, a DAC3 and bridged AHB2s. I only hope that the bank will say yes.

I too live in an apartment and have to be careful to not annoy the neighbors with the music.

When I had the 4367, I found that 100WPC were more than enough to satisfy my bass cravings.

I too am intrigued by the Benchmark amplifier. A pair of them would be be plenty for the 4367 no doubt. As I mentioned earlier, I tested a 35WPC tube amp which was plenty for ear splitting music.

Now that I have the M2's, I am attempting to decide whether they would be enough to run them full-range to my satisfaction. I'll bring home a couple of 100WPC amplifiers from work and test them first before buying anything. The M2's sound fine without the crossovers, at least good enough to make this subjective amplifier comparison.

Many of us older audio enthusiasts are mesmerized by how silent modern electronics can be. It's amazing how a quiet recording can make the music pop out of complete silence on appropriate gear.

I just purchased my first JBL horns, a pair of 4367’s in black.

I concur with comments I’ve read here about these speakers could use some LF EQ. These were previously owned an in no need of break in. I’d rather not use a sub.

I’m looking for suggestions based on experience with LF EQ with these speakers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage57 View Post
    I just purchased my first JBL horns, a pair of 4367’s in black.
    Congrats! What do you think about them and what equipment are you using them with?

Thanks.
    I’m using Bryston pre and power, BP26, 4BST3,BDA-2, MAC-mini, live streaming Tidal.
    I’m thinking of going to a McIntosh C50 because of the EQ, undecided.

Two Benchmark AHB2, one Benchmark DAC3L plus some goodies ordered. Found the "Canare"-cables that Benchmark uses for their cables, but for cheap on spool in the Netherlands. So ordered some of that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bredin View Post
    Two Benchmark AHB2, one Benchmark DAC3L plus some goodies ordered. Found the "Canare"-cables that Benchmark uses for their cables, but for cheap on spool in the Netherlands. So ordered some of that as well.

Excellent.

Will hopefully get the Benchmarks at the end of March, and my new rack one or two weeks after that. I'm quite excited

Guess who's a happy man?
    Haven't had much time to listen yet, but so far I'm happy. The amps are so quiet that I can't hear any noise even if I push my ears into the horn. I feel that the sound has better separation and more calm than before. No signs of strain so far, but I've haven't pushed the system to max yet

Wow! This is some serious equipment! It is my unreachable dream to have this stuff.
    Where do you live in Sweden? Please say the west-coast.
    I hope you will give us more reviews later on.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    Wow! This is some serious equipment! It is my unreachable dream to have this stuff.
    Where do you live in Sweden? Please say the west-coast.
    I hope you will give us more reviews later on.
    It was unreachable for me as well until I talked with the bank

I live in Sundsvall.
    Sure, I can do a "review" once my cold goes away and I've had more time to evaluate the equipment. But what I can say right away is that I'm not a fan of the volume-knob on the DAC, it works OK but the feeling is bad and my ears starts to hurt when I reach 50%. The blue leds can also go and kill themselves, I've already covered them with black electrical tape .

Thread Information