Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL 4367 first listen

Agreed on the snobbery part...and how in the world did this come to pass on this web site:

"Sure many are nothing more than C35 030, 250Ti, and L7s"

When did the 250Ti become the same as some ancient 2-way or a 90's Best Buy special L7 ?

Lol...strange days indeed!

Happy Holidays all !!! Hoping someday for Santa to drop some 4365/4367's under my tree :-)

jblnut

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut View Post

Happy Holidays all !!! Hoping someday for Santa to drop some 4365/4367's under my tree :-)

You must have one hell of a tree to get either of those speakers under it.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut View Post
    When did the 250Ti become the same as some ancient 2-way or a 90's Best Buy special L7 ?
    when you setup and use the L-7's , but leave the 250Ti's in the box
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    when you setup and use the L-7's , but leave the 250Ti's in the box
    Over the past year I've probably played the 250ti more than either of my L7s. I haven't played the 250ti very much though because I want to replace the surrounds on the 14s. They're not torn but they are fragile. I'm in no hurry, I have the 4345s to listen to when I want to do some deep listening. Otherwise, in my second room I'm quite content to listen to the LSR305s, or the 4412As.

The LSRs are the poster-child for why you don't need low bass to enjoy music, though the 4345 have spoiled me!

And the subtleties of the way a D130 plays string recordings is still something I enjoy after having them in my home for over 50-years! Don't knock it until you've tried it. I drive old cars, too, because I enjoy them. And yet every day I experience the latest and greatest from many automotive manufacturers. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate their predecessors for what they do well.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Over the past year I've probably played the 250ti more than either of my L7s. I haven't played the 250ti very much though because I want to replace the surrounds on the 14s. They're not torn but they are fragile. I'm in no hurry, I have the 4345s to listen to when I want to do some deep listening. Otherwise, in my second room I'm quite content to listen to the LSR305s, or the 4412As.

The LSRs are the poster-child for why you don't need low bass to enjoy music, though the 4345 have spoiled me!

And the subtleties of the way a D130 plays string recordings is still something I enjoy after having them in my home for over 50-years! Don't knock it until you've tried it. I drive old cars, too, because I enjoy them. And yet every day I experience the latest and greatest from many automotive manufacturers. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate their predecessors for what they do well.
    +1, BMWCCA! I'm sure a 2017 Corvette is a way better car than a '63 Stingray, but you bet I'd jump at the chance to own that split-window if I ever had the scratch. And I'd love every minute I spent behind its wheel.

A very happy holidays from me to everyone here on Lansing Heritage.

-hsosdrum

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    +1, BMWCCA! I'm sure a 2017 Corvette is a way better car than a '63 Stingray, but you bet I'd jump at the chance to own that split-window if I ever had the scratch.
    I owned a '64 convertible. Looked incredible, drove like a log wagon - and had that quaint old feature known as the carburetor. Chicks loved it, insurance companies hated it, somebody else is hopefully enjoying the experience now.

I love looking at vintage cars... and speakers too. I'd rather drive a newer vehicle and listen to modern speakers... at least most of the time.

I wonder if car enthusiast forums ever get sidetracked and start talking about audio gear?

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I wonder if car enthusiast forums ever get sidetracked and start talking about audio gear?
    Yes, but without as much knowledge and intelligence as what takes place here!

Which brings me to ask why is it easier for me to walk into an Aston Martin dealer and test-drive a Vanquish than to find a JBL dealer that will allow me to listen to a DD67000? I go to a BMW 7-series launch and there are tens-of-thousands of dollars worth of sound equipment on display and to listen to in support of the B&W option available in some new BMWs. Maybe Harman should simply display their stuff at high-line dealerships that use their sound systems in their cars?

We have H/K in plenty of new BMWs, and I think we recently learned that Harman engineers high-line automobile sound-systems that end up labeled as B&W, etc. Why not place a Levinson-JBL system in every BMW store? They'd get a damn-site better exposure of their high-line systems in the USA than they're getting now.

They can thank me for the idea later . . . with a pair of DD67000s!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

In my own experience, my 4367s really underwhelmed me initially. After about 1 1/2 months even my wife, who has a tin-ear commented how the new speakers were "making more sounds that were distracting her from the TV dialog"! I have them hooked to the TV system which gets more daily use than the stereo system. I am waiting on a part to finish assembling a new amplifier, at which time they will go into the stereo room to stay. They now appear to produce more low-level musical detail. I have grown to really like them. I had a pair of Hartley Concertmaster VI and Revel F208 before these.

I made 7" risers for them and have convinced myself that they helped the sound. I scrounged some scrap lumber from a work site and cobbled together what might be my most embarrassing construction yet. My wife calls them "Clogs" I was not sure if I was going to keep the 4367s, so I didn't waste any effort making them presentable. They will probably stay that way for life now. Please excuse the crappy phone pics.

Now that I want to keep them, I have begun obsessing about equalizing the bass as suggested by GT and others. I have no idea where to look though. I haven't had an equalizer since the Soundcraftsmen gear in the early 80's. I tried entering the driver data into the Linkwitz Transform worksheet, thinking that using one might be the ticket, but honestly, I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Marchand Electronics WM8 Bassis seems to my in-educated eyes like a possibility.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

"bump", ( for someone else ) .

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Fitero - when the front baffle of a speaker is equal to or greater in sq. inch area than your TV screen, you know you're doing something right. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    The LSRs are the poster-child for why you don't need low bass to enjoy music, ...

You must have borrowed that from a La Scala fan...

I've been absent for awhile. Very interesting last few posts to the thread.

I'm afraid I suffer from a simpleton's fixation with large speakers. I'll no doubt reincarnate into a Japanese stereo nut, with home-made Goto speakers making up the whole wall of my 60 metre apartment some day.

I've since moved the speakers to a small 10' x 13' room where I can listen a lot louder. I had to cut the ends off my desk/table in able to shoe-horn the speakers in there.

That Audio Vero, Abacus Preamp is Exactly what I should have!!! That would allow me to consolidate and eliminate several external components and allow DSP correction at the same time. Excellent!
    Thank you for the link!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Fitero View Post
    I'm afraid I suffer from a simpleton's fixation with large speakers. I'll no doubt reincarnate into a Japanese stereo nut, with home-made Goto speakers making up the whole wall of my 60 metre apartment some day.

I've since moved the speakers to a small 10' x 13' room where I can listen a lot louder. I had to cut the ends off my desk/table in able to shoe-horn the speakers in there.
    I'm the same as you. I'm really in love the "Japanese audiophile culture". My apartment is even smaller than yours at 37m^2, but my room is somewhat bigger 3,5mx5m. Seeing you using them in a smaller room then mine made me confident enough to pull the trigger, I was somewhat worried that they would totally overpower the room, but they seem to work quite well.
    Here's a picture of my setup in my dark mancave in Sweden:
    Name:  e7cbVcJ.jpg
Views: 2003
Size:  43.8 KB
    Name:  ZGQgrT5.jpg
Views: 2527
Size:  44.1 KB

Thread Information