Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Project M2 DIY Thread

Nice progress Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Hello 4313B

That's great! Thanks for letting me know I am on the right track. Yeah you sure do have to like that top end!

Rob
    Hi,
    Is there any difference between 467Mg and 476Be in the FR.
    Regards
    Ivica

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi,
    Is there any difference between 467Mg and 476Be in the FR.
    Regards
    Ivica
    Take a look for your self here:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...er-Information

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    Hi,
    It would be difficult to conclude which one is more pleasant for listening, it seems to me that Be is less intrusive...????
    may be some driver&horn interaction and more resolute measurements would show more differences.....

ivica

Gray and solemn looking M2

Did not feel for veneering (chickened out...) and ended up painting with Ral 7039, my favorite DIY speaker color. Neutral and quite boring, but will be rather unobtrusive when placed up into the living room.

Test fitted ports, horn and woofer. Remains to dampen, cut and mount ports, install threaded inserts for feet and speakon

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 3536
Size:  92.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by johanwholst View Post
    Did not feel for veneering (chickened out...) and ended up painting with Ral 7039, my favorite DIY speaker color. Neutral and quite boring, but will be rather unobtrusive when placed up into the living room.
    Looks good Johan!

Thanks guys! I'm waiting impatiently on the last parts, but hope to tune them this weekend.

Pos or others; what port lenght including inner and outer flare would you start with?
    I'm using jetset with internal 70mm

Srm: how is your build coming along?

Johan

Pos or others; what port lenght including inner and outer flare would you start with?
    I'm using jetset with internal 70mm
    I will measure mine when I get the time, but I think my enclosures are smaller than intended so this might not translate to anything usable for you.
    I used the online precision port calculator, and I cut them a little bit longer to have room for adjustment.

Srm: how is your build coming along?
    After sound starting piping out I haven't got much progress done. I still need to work on the front baffle a bit to get the woofer flush and I'm having trouble deciding how I'm going to get the top of the horn flush to the top of the cabinet as shown here. I'm also going to look into charge coupling like 4313b has suggested Mr. Timbers used in the 4367 instead for the traditional resistor method since Thomas has explained how my current setup probably isn't fully charged as it sits.

But before all of that, learning how to use Room EQ Wizard has been my main goal. Unfortunately the threads on that subject are massive and a bit overwhelming when reading an hour before going to bed.

Thanks,
    Scott

Test fitted ports, horn and woofer. Remains to dampen, cut and mount ports, install threaded inserts for feet and speakon

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 3536
Size:  92.9 KB

They look very good Johan

Ari

REW

Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    After sound starting piping out I haven't got much progress done. I still need to work on the front baffle a bit to get the woofer flush and I'm having trouble deciding how I'm going to get the top of the horn flush to the top of the cabinet as shown here. I'm also going to look into charge coupling like 4313b has suggested Mr. Timbers used in the 4367 instead for the traditional resistor method since Thomas has explained how my current setup probably isn't fully charged as it sits.

But before all of that, learning how to use Room EQ Wizard has been my main goal. Unfortunately the threads on that subject are massive and a bit overwhelming when reading an hour before going to bed.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Scott: I have used REW quite a bit. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions. I think I have a basic tutorial somewhere I can send you.

Scott: I have used REW quite a bit. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions. I think I have a basic tutorial somewhere I can send you.
    Awesome, PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    I'm also going to look into charge coupling like 4313b has suggested Mr. Timbers used in the 4367 instead for the traditional resistor method since Thomas has explained how my current setup probably isn't fully charged as it sits.
    This was a purely theoretical calculation, and considering my very limited experience with charge-coupled network you should probably take what I said with a grain of salt
    I don't know if biasing the caps using the voltage seen by the woofer will brings you anything more than 9V though?
    Why not start with using more than 9V in your current setup with say another battery, and see what happens?

Congrats on the new speakers! Looks awesome. I also would like to thank you for sharing your impression about D2 vs 2450Be. I couldn't decide whether I should put Be into my 2450SL or buy D2. I understand that it is your subjective opinion, but since I also use multiple Aleph J's driving JBL, I'm pretty sure that we share the similar taste.

Remember, this is highly subjective. While D2 measures and sound sweet, it does not give me the same "presence" as 2450Be. 2450 gave me goosebumps straight away, while I have been working quite a bit with D2 without giving me quite the same feeling. And that good feeling is what we are looking for with our systems is it not?

I have not landed on a dsp solution yet. Currently using Hypex DLCP, but it will be applied in a different system after the summer.
    For amps I have a dual mono Aleph J on the compression driver, and a Crown cts600 on 2216. A better cabinet is still in process, but getting there eventually!

Thread Information