Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
Does anyone how close this network is to being a drop in to the M2? I know both use the same D2 and the 2216nd's are somewhat similar, but I don't want to assume it would be a lock because of the differences in 2216's and the waveguide. I went back to read the post Mr Timbers gave on the 4367 and originally missed this statement about passive systems and I got to thinking about building a pair.
The quick "fix" is to:
1. Change R9 from 3.6 ohms to something like 10 ohms. This props up the response in the 1k to 2k region.
2. Add a 30 ohm rheostat ala 4430 right before C7 and set it to something around 20 ohms and viola! flat as a frozen pond. We can call it R10 This affects the response on the top end, otherwise it would be too hot.
Basically you would play around with these two values along with the two switches to get it how you want it (I set the switches to C8 and R6 for example and that looked flat).

Once I get better response data there is a good chance that I will look at this again. If you really want to try it though just build a cheapie non-cc version and try it out (only if you have money to blow, you know, for the sake of science).