Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Project M2 DIY Thread

I don't see a need to go Crown, unless you just want the prebuilt filters. Lake and Lab are top tier gear, but you probably already know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrilio View Post
    But I am happy to share the stl drawing that maybe use to print on other printer. You can find on some internet platform community sharing for 3D printing near where you are based. Of course you need to pay for the print, but will be more easy. You just need to send the stl, and the guy will print it for you.
    (...)
    I can create a account on THINGIVERSE and share the stl.
    That would be fantastic!
    While you are at it could you also please share the plans of the cabs?

Concerning filter and amplification, I use a LAKE LM226 and a LAB GRUPEN FP6000Q but intend in some time to go the official Crown, just to be sure that I get the best of the M2 even if it seems that the LAB handle it perfectly...
    You can also simply rent a Crown amp for a weekend and compare on your system.

Alas reporting settings from the crown to another device is not a guaranty of good result, as each unit will typically "interpret" settings in different ways.
    For example the "corner" frequency of a shelving filter can be the center of the shelving on some devices and the - or + 3dB points on others.
    And even with units using similar EQ/shelving conventions, results might differ because of biquads calculation approximations.

I had to modify the theoretical settings for the rephase preset based on looped measurement of BSS units (thanks to Grumpy and Robert) to take into account the approximations/interpretations the BSS unit is doing.
    If you can measure the output of your unit you should be able to compare it to the curves that rephase will output based on these presets, and modify your settings accordingly.

By the way can you load externally generated FIRs in the LM26?

Obsolete
    My turn to post my DIY M2
    Indeed!

Made my day!

Just got Crown XTi for testing from JBL dealer I can keep them for a week!
    Will test tomorrow M2 which is dry-ing from painting...
    Tonight I`m testing DIY Tannoy the sound I`m familiar.

Name:  xti.jpg
Views: 1929
Size:  96.3 KB

I bought BSS BLU-50 from an official dealer, needed for JBL-M2 processing, but it can't be detected from home network router (ASUS RT-N12+).

Should it work on my router or it requires a switch with PoE+ support or some other kind of connection device ?

Please help me if there is anything else that is important for connecting BLU-50 on a network to load processing files ?

Sorry if some of this is obvious.
    Have you made sure to plug your ethernet cable into the ethernet port, and not the blu-link port?
    The other end should go to a router. The router should be set up for DHCP. If the router works with regular PCs it is probably set up OK.
    You are using an AC adapter to power the Blu50? It has some LEDs on to indicate that it has power?
    Does the tiny led in the connector light up green when the network cord is plugged in?
    Tried pressing the locate button?
    Run the net-setter software to check if it is visible on the network?

https://3e7777c294b9bcaa5486-bc95634e606bab3d0a267a5a7901c44d.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.c om/product_documents/documents/2077_1475859147/BLU-50_Install_Guide_5040341-C_original.pdf

http://web.media.mit.edu/~benb/stati...nual/MAIN.html

Quote Originally Posted by agronk View Post
    I bought BSS BLU-50 from an official dealer, needed for JBL-M2 processing, but it can't be detected from home network router (ASUS RT-N12+).

Should it work on my router or it requires a switch with PoE+ support or some other kind of connection device ?

Please help me if there is anything else that is important for connecting BLU-50 on a network to load processing files ?
    Make sure you're using a straight Cat5 or Cat6 cable. Patch between one of the yellow ports on the router and the Ethernet port on the Blu50. PoE+ isn't necessary if you're powering the Blu50 locally using a 12v DC power supply. If not, you can pick up a PoE+ injector...you will need a second Cat5 or Cat6 patch cable for the injector. Make sure the injector is actually PoE+ and not just PoE, as PoE doesn't provide enough wattage to power the Blu50.

My turn to post my DIY M2, Thanks Lansing Heritage who helps a lot in getting the info to make it happen...
    https://youtu.be/eoSUc_U-tWg
    Awesome work. Now I have a case of tablesaw envy

I can't find my BSS BLU-50 on my router network map.
    I tried changing the router and connect it directly to PC but still doesn't show up. COM LED is green and ERR is not telling anything.
    Is there an issue with my BLU-50 or I'm missing something setting it up ?

I still don't know much about your setup. You do have the AC adapter? You do have a PC with Audio architect and Net Setter installed and connected to the router?
    Connect the cat 5 cable to both the router and the Blu-50. Then power cycle the Blu-50. It should get an IP address from the router when it boots. Then run the BSS net setter software on the PC connected to the same router. The PC may ask you to bypass any firewall software when running net-setter.
    You should see the Blu-50 in a list of connected devices.
    Once you can see the device in net setter you will want to start Audio Architect. Drag a Blu-50 from the device tree on the left to your design field. Then you would be able to match devices and go online. You could call BSS for help. They have been helpful with email support to me.

Id call BSS if you can too, I've talked to them on several occasions and they are pretty helpful. They will actually talk you through troubleshooting on your PC.

I can't find my BSS BLU-50 on my router network map.
    I tried changing the router and connect it directly to PC but still doesn't show up. COM LED is green and ERR is not telling anything.
    Is there an issue with my BLU-50 or I'm missing something setting it up ?
    Did you buy this new or used? It's possible it's been set to a static IP, and without knowing what it is you won't be able to connect to it. Maybe try a factory reset, although I do not know what that procedure is.

Also, if it is in DHCP, and not static, and you're connecting directly from a computer and not through a router, you'll need to set your computer to an IP range that is in the same range as the DSP. However, I think you should be able to connect to it without doing this when using a router.

Bss Blu-50

I managed to make it online and linked with blu usb, but the Bss file in Jbl site doesn`t work with my Blu-50
    and it opens only on London architect!!
    Can someone make it Audio architect file for Bss Blu-50 with blulink as source and send me?

I managed to make it online and linked with blu usb, but the Bss file in Jbl site doesn`t work with my Blu-50
    and it opens only on London architect!!
    Can someone make it Audio architect file for Bss Blu-50 with blulink as source and send me?
    I'll see if I can convert to a different BSS unit like in London Architect this weekend. You could always make your own file, it's not too much of a pain.

HP
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post385042

LP
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post385043

Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    I'll see if I can convert to a different BSS unit like in London Architect this weekend. You could always make your own file, it's not too much of a pain.

HP
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post385042

LP
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post385043
    That would be wonderful
    Thank`s a lot

Thread Information