I had the pleasure of listening to Jim's system recently and I must say I was thoroughly impressed.

We didn't do any cable swapping tests so I cannot comment on that. But in regards to the system overall, it was really a treat to listen to. I've been to few Hi-Fi shows in the last couple years and can confidently say Jim's system would easily rank at the very top (in my opinion).

I was only sitting may 7 or 8 feet away from the speakers but the imaging was just so impressive. They are massive speakers, but when it comes to their sound they truly disappear. In my opinion, the most impressive part of the overall system was the absolutely seamless integration of the 813s with the 2245 subs. They integrated well at low volume and high volume setting. The bass was not boomy or overwhelming in any way. I now understand why the 2245s have a cult following. In my opinion, they are better sounding than many large JBL studio monitors.

Also, even though it was not over the top, I could tell that Jim spent at least some time in tweaking speaker placement and utilizing sound treatment. I, unfortunately, don't have a dedicated listening room where I could pull the speakers away from the walls and put sound treatment around the room. That being said, I do believe it is one of the most effective ways to achieve better sound. I think is one aspect of audio very few audiophiles seem to focus on.

Overall - excellent system and since thanks for Jim inviting me to listen to it.