Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: JBL 4345 build

Not Kenrick ...

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    No, I don't think so. This does not look to be as thin as the JBL offering. Note the rough texture of the edge, indicating ABS sheeting whereas the JBL edges are smooth. In fact, there are only 10 plates here and JBL uses 11.

These are not like any Kenrick lenses I've ever seen , and I had a few pairs from him . Kenricks are exact copies of the originals .

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    There is a pair of originals for $250 on the bay.
    Hopefully you're referring to lenses, not knobs!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Yes a pair of lenses for $250/OBO.

These are not like any Kenrick lenses I've ever seen , and I had a few pairs from him . Kenricks are exact copies of the originals .
    Right. Sorted out a page back.

Quote Originally Posted by quindecima View Post
    Those came from the Sign-Shop on Ebay. Expensive but the only source I know of.
    what are the diameters of the knobs..? will the ebay knobs work? or how big are the holes on the foilcal?
    Semper Fidelis

You need to get your plans out and thoroughly read them to ascertain the correct building procedure for your speakers. All dimensions are listed in the plan details and everything fits as it should. If there were any problems with parts not fitting I guarantee you there would be a long thread about it on the forum.

Why did you shelve the 4333 build for one that has components that are extremely expensive/not obtainable? ie..2121, very difficult to come by, 2420, also hard to come by and expensive 2231A, I haven't seen one of those in a while and then you have to duplicate the 3143 network. This is you first major build right? Not to discourage you but I would have given more thought to easier to find components. 4-ways are nice but there is nothing bad about a 4333.

Mia Culpa

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Right. Sorted out a page back.

Thanks Grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by quindecima View Post
    You need to get your plans out and thoroughly read them to ascertain the correct building procedure for your speakers. All dimensions are listed in the plan details and everything fits as it should. If there were any problems with parts not fitting I guarantee you there would be a long thread about it on the forum.

Why did you shelve the 4333 build for one that has components that are extremely expensive/not obtainable? ie..2121, very difficult to come by, 2420, also hard to come by and expensive 2231A, I haven't seen one of those in a while and then you have to duplicate the 3143 network. This is you first major build right? Not to discourage you but I would have given more thought to easier to find components. 4-ways are nice but there is nothing bad about a 4333.
    to save time and money...
    Semper Fidelis

O.K., lets delve into this a little bit......it's not going to take you any longer to make up the 4333 cabs vs the 4343 cabs so time can't be a factor. 4333 networks are a lot easier to build vs the 3143 needed, so how is that proceeding? Have you got the 2131A's or the 136 equivalent? How about the 2121?, I'll bet you don't have those yet and then there are the 2420's, how are you saving money? I know you want to get into a high end pair of JBL's but I think you are starting with the hammer at half cock. If you want 4 ways why not go with the 4345's, I know you have the 2405's and 2123's the rest are pretty easy to come by and you could cross with a Ashly unit. I am trying to help you out here with a viable solution that will not end up costing you BIG bucks and a lot of frustration.

Thread Information