Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL 4345 build

Quote Originally Posted by quindecima View Post
    O.K. I'm finally done.
    Congratulations! Well done!

Widget

Me Too!

Larry, I too have just finished my 4345 build but I have gone the full active crossover route again ... using the new dbx 360 venu..it just awesome...you have to experience it .. passive is old tech that audiophiles cant get let go...yes its a bit more involved but active embraces the dsp, digital world..Remember gents the M2's that everybody wants..... they are active.

Name:  IMG_2117.jpg
Views: 1310
Size:  63.7 KBName:  IMG_2180.JPG
Views: 1215
Size:  112.1 KBName:  IMG_2183.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  100.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by quindecima View Post
    O.K. I'm finally done. They are bitchin sounding, I regulated the L100's for the TV. It's been a long journey to get them done but it was worth it. There are some imperfections in the cabs, ie... I couldn't figure how to get the corners of the grill cloth pulled up without it bunching up but I finally figured out how to do it (too late) The HF is 3/8 too far to the side as a result of not using the same measuring point but they are both the same so it looks O.K., The base it too far forward but not noticeable unless you are looking. I should have used the speaker center point for the speaker bolt holes and marked them before I cut out the holes. These are minor imperfections that will be addressed on my next pair. My opening album was "The Best of The Doors" at obscene listening levels
    JBL 4355 | JBL 4351 | JBL 4425 x 2 | JBL XPL 200 | JBL XPL 160 | JBL 4345

NIce job, they look great, go enjoy the heck out of them.
    Just Play Music.

Quote Originally Posted by focalguy View Post
    Larry, I too have just finished my 4345 build but I have gone the full active crossover route again ... using the new dbx 360 venu..it just awesome...you have to experience it .. passive is old tech that audiophiles cant get let go...yes its a bit more involved but active embraces the dsp, digital world..Remember gents the M2's that everybody wants..... they are active.

Very nice - please consider posting a thread about your active 4345 setup. Thanks for the pic of the rear panel, full active is the route I hope to go.

Larry, I too have just finished my 4345 build but I have gone the full active crossover route again ... using the new dbx 360 venu..it just awesome...you have to experience it .. passive is old tech that audiophiles cant get let go...yes its a bit more involved but active embraces the dsp, digital world..
    This is nice to read, I am leaning towards the Venu360 for a big build scheduled in the next year or so. Likely to be a 4345-inspired (not a clone due to expense and difficulty of obtaining original drivers) speaker system.

Quote Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
    This is nice to read, I am leaning towards the Venu360 for a big build scheduled in the next year or so. Likely to be a 4345-inspired (not a clone due to expense and difficulty of obtaining original drivers) speaker system.
    Not too difficult to find parts...

Quote Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
    I will be trying the venu 360... a dealer here has one that has a faulty screen but i will be using the Mac or ipad so it doesnt matter. i will let you know how it goes or sounds. cheers

I will be trying the venu 360... a dealer here has one that has a faulty screen but i will be using the Mac or ipad so it doesnt matter. i will let you know how it goes or sounds. cheers
    That's really cool news!

Jbl 4345 with the dbx venu 360

Well gents just configured the DBX venu 360 and the results are spectacular ! the auto eq feature has made this the only way to go. Throw the passive xovers away! I can change anything on the fly... xover points, slopes, polarity, room eq etc... you just keep tweeking your build. Definitely the best money i have spent on this hobby thus far.

I have used it as a 3way stereo xover configuration ...2x6 and plugged the last two outputs into a behringer to take care of the lows.. ie.. the 10 and 18. The wizard takes care of it all.. gain, levels etc..Name:  dbx.JPG
Views: 1088
Size:  107.9 KBName:  dbx2.jpg
Views: 1464
Size:  99.9 KB. Imaging is great , the sound floor is super quiet. The RTA mic takes 4 measurements in the room and the processor does its thing. And the best thing... I do it all on my Mac Air or Ipad. My dac runs directly into the DBX.

cheers,

Walnut lenses... close up

Name:  IMG_2574.jpg
Views: 1317
Size:  97.7 KB
    The CNC lenses where tough to make but i think they turned out well, cut enough for 3 sets for all my 43xx.

Super cool!

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

so you have an 8ch amp or you have some hidden amp?

I also would like to try this DBX and maybe keep Tubes and passive just for the MF and UHF

with USB connection he is working as a DAC? you also use in Analog with double conversion?

Great reading that the DBX worked so well. I currently have a Peavey VSX 26, which serves its purpose but will be moved to subwoofer duty once I get the DBX unit next year.

Well gents just configured the DBX venu 360 and the results are spectacular ! the auto eq feature has made this the only way to go.
    Certainly a step-up from that Behringer unit there. But, I'm wary of anything "auto"...

Did you do one side at a time?
    Can you post screenshots of the before and after settings?
    Were there any adjustments made for phase?

bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Nice rc cars on the shelves

Thread Information