Thread: This Ain't No Mouse Music!

This Ain't No Mouse Music!

OK, this is on Netflix so it is not quite free. That is why I did not post in in the YouTube thread. This Ain't No Mouse Music! is a documentary about roots music. It is seen through the prism of a Silesian immigrant who is know for founding and running Arhoolie Records. Every moment of this film made me happy.

Show it to the next generation and hope it plants a seed. Honest music is not limited to these styles. There are new kinds of honest music being created all the time, even though they are not usually recognized as such yet. But losing the source would be catastrophic for our culture. I nicked the graphic from R Crumb, a noted vintage 78RPM collector.

ClarkName:  Where Has It Gone.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  160.3 KB
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Saw this a couple of weeks ago and was blown away, just a terrific documentary with so many great old blues guys I'd never even heard of. I will admit that I am not as well versed in the genre as our friend Clark is hence my lack of knowledge about these artists who for whatever reason seem to have been forgotten, at least by the majority of people and possibly history itself. A real shame that they have not gotten the recognition that say Howling Wolf, BB & Muddy have. BTW: the Keith Richards documentary on Netflx is also quite good, in particular as it relates to his blues stories, though I highly doubt that Muddy Waters was painting some record office walls as he claims, I just cant see Muddy doing that.

Wish there were more documentaries like this. I also saw a recent in depth interview with Smokey Robinson on tv and I was very impressed with him, very humble and such a huge talent, how can anyone not like Smokey, one of the all time greats, right up there with Quincy.
    Just Play Music.

Thread Information