Thread: L100t3 amp?

L100t3 amp?

Greetings to all,

I recently acquired a set of L100t3's in very good shape. I'm using a NAD c372 integrated amp (150 WPC). They sound fabulous - even at low volumes. Of course, never being satisfied, I've read that these speakers will take lots of power. At least 250 WPC sounds nice, but are hard to find. Any suggestions on what to focus on? Most likely another solid state amp. What about an amplifier only, using the pre-amp section of the NAD. The NAD has two sets of pre-amp out. I use one set for a ES150P sub (for tv sound). I don't think the sub does any good for music with the t3's. I don't dislike the NAD, just looking/thinking/dreaming about more power. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rickmoen View Post
    Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Rick
    I've been happy using Crown PS-400 on anything from L7 to 4412 to 4345. I like them so much I have three of them now! Inexpensive, strong, durable, and simple good looks.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

When I had my first set of L100t3's in college, I ran them first with some Nikko POS amp, then a Soundcraftsmen, then a DBX BX3MkII, which was by far the best of the three. All three of them used a DAK EQ's attenuator knobs as volume controls, as I had no money for a proper preamp. Absolutely loved that combo, and am still trying to pull that amp off my father's L250Ti's. My newest set has only been run on Bryston, and was fine, but I turned them off immediately as the highs didn't sound right - too bright and no definition I suspect the damping foam plug behind the tweeter dome has turned to goo and is no longer damping, so they are sitting in their boxes, waiting for their turn to be rebuilt; may be a few years You may want to carefully pull your tweeters apart and see what shape they're in.
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Thread Information