Thread: JBL 200 XPL Vs ./ Altec Stonhenge I A 819

JBL 200 XPL Vs ./ Altec Stonhenge I A 819

Hi all , being Italian I apologize now for my English! pardon
    would change the speakers ... but ?! I'm not sure .
    I am a happy owner of Altec's Stonehenge the 819-A, piloted gives a Final ( Power Amp ) Eam Lab TO 3.8 , is a 200 W x2 channel.
    the sound that comes out of the speakers is very good, and although it may be around in the new honestly, today I struggle to find well sounding speaker at Altec level ... but something is missing, however.
    Something I found in a ' listening JBL XPL 200 (unfortunately not in my house, the seller is afraid that being scratched in shipping , oh, ruined) ... that being a 4-way, besides having more information from their greater harmonic expression.

Now come the QUESTION concerns;
    It's not that those tweeter and Titanium Mid I'll have a little high?
    more annoying having the Bass-reflex, you say that I might have a low range returns?
    behind the wall of listening than I could detach from the wall? 30/40 Cm? (30 cm 0.984252 feet)

the environment in which listening is the daughter's room a 20 Mq .
    Thank you
    mauro

You'll love the XPL200A. I wish I had a pair of those but they are very difficult to find even here in the USA.

I'd love to hear a pair and compare to the 250ti in the same room.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    You'll love the XPL200A. I wish I had a pair of those but they are very difficult to find even here in the USA.

I'd love to hear a pair and compare to the 250ti in the same room.
    Hi, BMWCCA
    I did not understand what you had? if the Altec or JBL
    If I understood well, Altec Vs. 200 JBL XPL?

would love me too!
    the problem is that the shopkeeper lets try apples (not I give you, you know! If you tell me that the shopkeeper is a artful dodger )
    ... but assessed the Altec Stonhenge 819 to 600 euro , here in Italy it's not like there in america ...
    the XPL 200 I heard in the store, and as I have written, more info in suono.qui in Italy there is a proverb that says, ' If, good morning, ' and in fact to me son liked them !!
    the problem is, my room which I

Quote Originally Posted by blues 66 View Post
    Hi, BMWCCA
    I did not understand what you had? if the Altec or JBL
    If I understood well, Altec Vs. 200 JBL XPL?

would love me too!
    the problem is that the shopkeeper lets try apples (not I give you, you know! If you tell me that the shopkeeper is a artful dodger )
    ... but assessed the Altec Stonhenge 819 to 600 euro , here in Italy it's not like there in america ...
    the XPL 200 I heard in the store, and as I have written, more info in suono.qui in Italy there is a proverb that says, ' If, good morning, ' and in fact to me son liked them !!
    the problem is, my room which I
    I do not own either, though I do have over a dozen JBLs. I've heard the XPL-200A and was very impressed and I do have other 4-way JBLs such as the L7, L5, 250ti, and 4345. I've not heard the Stonehenge series personally but I've heard opinions of them from others I do respect and they were not that flattering compared to larger JBL systems and even other Altecs. What does the XPL-200 cost in Europe? The last pair of 819s sold on Ebay brought $449 here after over three months of listings.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information