Thread: LX22 - Goodwill find.

LX22 - Goodwill find.

Greetings, All,

I stopped in at a local Goodwill store, and found a pair of LX22 speakers for sale. The asking price for the pair was $25, but both woofers needed new foam. I "almost" bought them for the Ti tweeters, but since I had no way to run a signal through them, took a pass.... for now. Looks like a budget speaker, for the most part, but might be worth it for the tweeters, if both are OK. I'll check again, with a tone generator, if time permits. Probably not worth the effort, though..... Anyone have a pair of these LX22's and if so, what's the skinny on them? Did I peg it right, that they are a low end speaker? Thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

They're low-end, for JBL. Stamped frames, etc. I went to look at a pair of L55 advertised for cheap on local CL and when I got there they were LX22 with LX55 labels on them Weird. Bought them for $20 and never did much with them. Not awful, just nothing spectacular.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Morning, BMWCCA,

Thanks for your two cents on the LX22's. I am still tempted to get them for the tweeters, IF they are not dead. But, in truth, I already have too many systems "on the back burner", and adding one more is probably not an advantageous thing to do. Thanks, again, for your thoughts. As an aside, I once bought a small pair of JBL 2500's, at a swap meet, for around $20. Brought them home, and listened to them for a few days. In truth, the Ti tweeters seemed quite harsh and after listening to them for the two days, I simply could not enjoy them at all. So, they now languish in the basement, and will probably be gifted to someone in my family, who likes "sound" going on in their home, but doesn't really listen to it. I figure the LX22's are probably a half step above the 2500's, but not enough to make me want to get them. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Thread Information