Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Next question on my L300-like enclosures and crossover networks

What is distance between Lpad knobs?

As you can see they are beginning to look like L300s. I sprayed on some Sherwin-Williams dull rubbed effect pre-cat lacquer with some black pigment added last night and I'm happy with the satin like finish results.

I have all the components for a Nelson Pass type crossover, but was wondering what the exact distance is between the knobs of the Lpads on a real L300 before I drill more holes in the finished baffle board. Thanks for any information on this.

Member Mike Botts is helping me out with the dimensions and construction of the grills.

TomName:  IMG_0299[1].jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  105.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tjm001 View Post
    As you can see they are beginning to look like L300s. I sprayed on some Sherwin-Williams dull rubbed effect pre-cat lacquer with some black pigment added last night and I'm happy with the satin like finish results.

I have all the components for a Nelson Pass type crossover, but was wondering what the exact distance is between the knobs of the Lpads on a real L300 before I drill more holes in the finished baffle board. Thanks for any information on this.

Member Mike Botts is helping me out with the dimensions and construction of the grills.

TomName:  IMG_0299[1].jpg
Size:  105.1 KB

Very nice job Tom!
    can't wait to see the finished pair!
    C

Previous posts have shown the 2 horizontal braces going from front to back paralleling the horn. They appear to be about 2x4in size. Also, there is the cradle type thing holding the LE85 attached to the back door. Since I'm getting close to closing up the enclosures I want to make sure I am not missing anything. Anybody know if I am missing any bracing other than mentioned above?

Also I'm looking for some details for building the grill. If anyone can give me measurements or closeup photos of the L300 grill construction I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Attached is a view of the counterfeit L300 production line in Potomac Falls, VA.Attachment 68297
    I am so impressed with your woodworking skills as well as everything else you are putting into this great speaker design. These are going to be L300's in every respect, the real deal!
    L200's biamped with 2216Nd1 LF, and 077's added

Name:  IMG_0299[1].jpg
Size:  105.1 KB[/QUOTE]

Looking really good. Just be careful moving them about , don't want any dings.

Still need the distance between the Lpad controls

Thanks. Its been a lot more involved than I thought it would be. But that's the way it always is!

Still need the distance between the Lpad shafts from a real L300 owner please.

Thanks.

Tom

L 300lpad mounting

They are 2.25 inches center to center

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrassmaven View Post
    They are 2.25 inches center to center
    Thank you!

Tom

Where can I get foilcals other than the Sign Shop guy?

I'm getting closer, Need some kind of JBL foilcal for the Lpad controls. It does not need a serial number. Just something that looks like the original with the numbers around the knobs and the JBL colors and logo. Surely someone other the Sign Shop guy must do things like this? Any ideas? Thanks.

TomName:  IMG_0315[2].jpg
Views: 936
Size:  104.9 KB

WOW!!

^ Beautiful.

Good Evening, Tom,

WOW!! You've done a stellar job in crafting your L300 clones, Sir!! Lovely work, and a great JBL model!! Though experimenting with a 4-way of JBL goodies, similar to a 4345, we still love listening to our L300's every single day, and at night when we watch movies with the sound run through the L300's! Again, well done, and a big tip'o-the hat to you, Sir!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

GORGEOUS!
    Bravo!

Well thanks guys for the kind reviews. I hope they work!

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the first test to see if they make any noise. I'm kind of nervous about it. It's been about 40 years since I did any soldering of electronic circuits. They are really fricking heavy! And that's without the 2235Hs installed yet. Will transfer them down to my man cave in the morning for the big test. If you never hear from me again...well, you know what.

Tom

There is nothing quite like building something yourself. I never have built a speaker enclosure before but I have done other projects that brought me great pleasure, especially once finished and first used. Exciting times.. Enjoy!

Thanks to all for all of the help and ideas during this project!

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the first test to see if they make any noise. I'm kind of nervous about it...

Tom
    Overall they sound awesome! Testing them right now. Only issue is one of the 2405s probably needs a new diaphragm. That's no big surprise as a bought them on eBay a few years ago and never had them tested.

Otherwise thanks for all the help. If anyone else wants to do this I'd be glad to help them in the process. Just PM me.

TomName:  IMG_0320.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  88.0 KB

Thread Information