Thread: Citation XX bias

Citation XX bias

Hoping someone will point me in the right direction. I want to check/adjust bias on my XX but not sure where to attach my dvm. I found the schematic here with instructions but not specific enough. It also doesn't show the values of the pots. I want to change them to Bourns 25 turn. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gasfan View Post
    Hoping someone will point me in the right direction. I want to check/adjust bias on my XX but not sure where to attach my dvm. I found the schematic here with instructions but not specific enough. It also doesn't show the values of the pots. I want to change them to Bourns 25 turn. Anyone? Thanks in advance.
    Hi gasfan,

For the HK Citation 22 and 24 the trim-pot (VR403 and VR404) value is 330 Ohms

regards
    ivica

Thanks. I got a response from one of the guys who worked on the two XXs in the threads here.

Did Bob help you? He's the go to guy for the XX now. I hate to do this but my Dad at 94 who has never spent a day in his life in a hospital, fractured his Hip and Femur yesterday. surgery is today and He will have rehab for some time, He will be moving in with me till he get's His Mojo back. This is going to require some extensive remodeling to accommodate him for the road ahead. Once I'm sure I'm going down that road I'll post the photos of the Citation XX and the preamp here.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer View Post
    Did Bob help you? He's the go to guy for the XX now. I hate to do this but my Dad at 94 who has never spent a day in his life in a hospital, fractured his Hip and Femur yesterday. surgery is today and He will have rehab for some time, He will be moving in with me till he get's His Mojo back. This is going to require some extensive remodeling to accommodate him for the road ahead. Once I'm sure I'm going down that road I'll post the photos of the Citation XX and the preamp here.
    Woa. No emergency here. I did communicate with Bob about this. I'm waiting for his promise to send me the info. Thanks so much for responding. Take care of your Dad. Mine just passed away on the 11th. He was 90.

25 turns?
    For bias trim/adjust?
    Why so many?
    I think that's asking for trouble

Thread Information