Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 2 way in the synthesis Blue bafle Line

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zeppeli View Post
    I wonder if the '-1' designation on the 2216ND is to represent visual or mechanical modifications to the woofer.
    http://www.hometoys.com/news/2015/10...he-home/32485:
    The 4367 employs the JBL 2216Nd 15-inch Differential Drive® woofer used in the M2, modified with a new spider and a new surround treatment.
    The goal is probably to lower the fs and make it easier to deal with with a passive crossover

Interesting. Thanks POS
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    "High-Definition Imaging (HDI™) horn technology" "More midrange snap""
    What does this mean with plain words?
    What is the expected difference to the previous bi-radial horn in 4365? That the off-axis curves are more similar to the on-axis? Different kind of dispersion?
    Better in spinorama?
    The biradial all have a kown "issue" with off axis levels exceeding the on axis ones at some frequencies, typically in the 3kHz-10kHz range.

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    The biradial all have a kown "issue" with off axis levels exceeding the on axis ones at some frequencies, typically in the 3kHz-10kHz range.
    And that affects imaging and "midrange snap" (whatever that means?!)?

I think the "midrange snap" part was related to the woofer (rightly or wrongly):
    http://www.twice.com/harmans-jbl-syn...upgraded/58955
    The new model is a two-way 15-inch speaker that has been upgraded to add a punchier woofer (2216Nd-1), more midrange snap, and more detailed high frequencies with higher output (D22430K), a spokesperson said.

I totally agree with the comment that it's defintely a step backwards. What punchier bass? It's another way of saying there's going to be a lack of bass. The last I auditioned the M2 the bass is too lean, maybe that's suitable for studio monitor purposes but that balance is definitely not suited for home audio.

Also the price of the 4367 should be lowered, it's using all cheaper components as compared with the original 4365.

what's going on at Harman ....

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by ngccglp View Post
    The last I auditioned the M2 the bass is too lean, maybe that's suitable for studio monitor purposes but that balance is definitely not suited for home audio.
    Seriously?

I totally agree with the comment that it's defintely a step backwards. What punchier bass? It's another way of saying there's going to be a lack of bass.
    You haven't even heard the system yet...

what's going on at Harman ....
    Hopefully a full scale brain drain. I'd love to see everyone worthwhile find employment at a fully funded competitor and I'd like to see Harman buried once and for all.

Come on. The bass in the M2 is not lean

i gess you you just can't get enough of it

.. and more detailed high frequencies with higher output (D22430K)..
    Is D22430K modified D2430K?..
    el goregrind es cultura

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaesh View Post
    Is D22430K modified D2430K?..

Could be a typo. Maybe someone saw D2 and 2430K and decided to put them together, maybe even the same person that came up with Brangelina perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    I think the "midrange snap" part was related to the woofer (rightly or wrongly):
    I remember conversations about the then new 2216Nd and "midrange snap" came up alot. People really liked that attribute. I guess Jerry made the -1 even snappier

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post

Could be a typo..
    Could.
    In this case D2430K has " more detailed high frequencies with higher output " than what?
    In comparison with 4365 HF-UHF?
    One guy installed D2430K in 4429. He says that he is happy and satisfied .
    el goregrind es cultura

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Seriously?

You haven't even heard the system yet...

Hopefully a full scale brain drain. I'd love to see everyone worthwhile find employment at a fully funded competitor and I'd like to see Harman buried once and for all.
    Agree I was presumptuous there, when it arrived at our shore I will definitely give it a listen. Actually I made the comment based on my M2 experience, and since the 4367 is using similar bass driver...

The only instrument which I think the M2 excel in rendering is the piano, the pitch is right and the natural decay of notes outstanding. But when we put on normal pop rock music immediately it was clear that there is a distinct lack of bass and you just couldn't crank the speakers without the high frequencies shouting at you.

My apology if I upset any of you guys, just sharing my encounter with the M2. I was so hoping the M2 will end my speakers quest...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaesh View Post
    Could.
    In this case D2430K has " more detailed high frequencies with higher output " than what?
    In comparison with 4365 HF-UHF?
    One guy installed D2430K in 4429. He says that he is happy and satisfied .
    Hi,
    Is it necessary to reproduce sound over 20kHz, but a kind of "shortage" of LF section is quite easy recognizable.
    May be the intention of using M2 is to be used with sub-woofer for respectable listening conditions,
    or M2 is 'in-trend' with mobile phone generation "reproduction" equipment, where it can be seen a lot of JBL marks.

regards
    Ivica

it was clear that there is a distinct lack of bass and you just couldn't crank the speakers without the high frequencies shouting at you.
    Use EQ then, that is what you are supposed to do with the M2 (or any speaker for that matter) under ~200Hz to adapt it to the room and position.

Here is an extract of Floyd Toole's recent talk, specifically about the M2 and how it has to be adapted to any room it is installed in in the lows: https://youtu.be/zrpUDuUtxPM?list=WL&t=4342
    And these rooms are all pretty big and probably have acoustic treatment...

Obsolete
    My apology if I upset any of you guys, just sharing my encounter with the M2.
    No problem. I was primarily perplexed given that my experiences with it were quite different.

I was so hoping the M2 will end my speakers quest...
    I am quite happy to say that it did end mine.
    And it couldn't have happened at a more opportune time given that, since around 2010, Harman has been working double overtime to destroy any personal interest that I have in their organization as a whole. Their treatment of Greg was the final straw.

Thread Information