Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
The single pole low pass on a dual woofer system can be a good idea depending on several factors including the upper crossover point and the physical seperation of the drivers involved.

If you have each woofer on a seperate DSP channel that you can also manipulate the delay between them you can really have some tuning fun.

I think everyone should build a five way active system at least once but beware, if you don't have some measurement equipment and know how to use it, the probability for frustration seems to multiply by an order of magnitude with each element added.

Barry.
That's motivating to read

The goal is to have the drivers closely together so they connect acoustically, but at the same time there's the visual aspect of having some distance between them (plus symmetry). With Everest and 4435 the distance between the drivers is pretty big. IIRC one of the 4435 woofers are crossed over @ 1khz while the the other comes in @ 100 Hz. If 2123 is incorporated 2226 will never see 1khz besides while rolling off, maybe 300-400 at most, so it may be a better idea to just run both in the same passband due to the low XO in the first place?

Because of miniDSP it will be fairly easy to try. The drivers will have a separate channel and be time aligned using REW and a calibrated Dayton EMM-6 mic using a soundcard with loopback connection to get correct timing information. Already have that measurement setup and an UMIK-1. Have not done a lot of gated measurements, so that's a hurdle that needs to be won. If the weather is good I can do it outside to get a bigger window.

Oh yes, this is a big undertaking for someone with my lack of knowledge and it's the first speaker build. At the same time that's part of the challenge and what makes it educational and fun. It may very well be that the sound sucks and I lose some hair over it, but that's OK as long as the project has been educational.

In the middle of the 4343 restoration and will begin this project once that's done. Was hoping to post some Sketchup drawings and see what you guys think and when the speakers are built I could post measurements and get some guidance on what to do/try given response, phase and so on. If it goes belly up, my 6 cats will have two great houses to play in.