Thread: Thickness of gasket for 128H-1

Thickness of gasket for 128H-1

Can someone tell me the thickness of the gasket ( part no. 20253 ) as used with the 128H-1 in the 4412 / 4412A Studio Monitors? For a current project (128H-1 in the 4410 Studio Monitor cabinet) a gasket with a thickness of .05" is needed.

The gasket # 20253 is listed as being vinyl. Could two of these be stacked, if necessary, to obtain the .05" thickness I need?

If not, what would you recommend in the way of a suitable gasket material? A very carefully cut piece of stick-on vinyl tile with a thickness of
    .05"?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Electron View Post
    Can someone tell me the thickness of the gasket ( part no. 20253 ) as used with the 128H-1 in the 4412 / 4412A Studio Monitors? For a current project (128H-1 in the 4410 Studio Monitor cabinet) a gasket with a thickness of .05" is needed.

The gasket # 20253 is listed as being vinyl. Could two of these be stacked, if necessary, to obtain the .05" thickness I need?

If not, what would you recommend in the way of a suitable gasket material? A very carefully cut piece of stick-on vinyl tile with a thickness of
    .05"?

Just use 3/8" wide x 3/16" thick vinyl foam weatherseal
    Cheap, compresses easily, seals well and is easily removable
    For some reason the brand name, made in U.S.A. "Frost King" stuff in this size is in all of the .99 cent stores as well
    Comes in a 17' roll
    The part number is "V443"
    It's what I use now almost exclusively
    Provides a better seal than the silicon JBL O rings and works well for caulk applications like the old ARs too
    Compresses easily for a closed cell type so no cranked or bent frames

.05"?

Not sure why you need such precision in the gasket spec. Anyway, doubling the O-ring does not sound like it could work. The pressure from fitting the driver would push one ring down and around the other.
    David F
    San Jose

Solved

For posterity, the thickness of the gasket is .015". There was a small piece stuck to one of the woofers that I was able to remove and measure.

Ciao, "d.e."

<|>

For posterity, the thickness of the gasket is .015". There was a small piece stuck to one of the woofers that I was able to remove and measure.

Ciao, "d.e."

<|>
    How thick was it before it was clamped into place, sandwiched between the basket and baffle for almost 30 years?

Thread Information