Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: End of an Era. 43 years with JBL is Over

Greg :

I too, am sorry to hear this development , but somehow not surprised. As I understand it, Ed May was separated (dumped ?) by JBL when he turned the mandatory retirement age of 65 , and he still had a lot to give. Ed went on to Marantz where he enjoyed a second wind at speaker design.

Have no doubt that you will land on your feet and most likely end up consulting. That could give you time to do desired projects a'la Nelson Pass.

Thanx for your great years of design. I use many of your products daily.

TOM
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I have no word. And I hope you will find time to contribute to our forum.
    Stéphane
    Regards Stephane

Greg,

In your good self JBL have had no finer ambassador for excellence and, in terms of this forum, they have benefited enormously from your genuinely helpful and generous contributions.

You deserved better, much much better.

Frank.

Hello Greg!

I am sorry that you didn't get out on your own terms.

I am truly grateful to you. I love music and your speaker systems do a great job of delivering the goods. This has improved my quality of life, thank you.

I hope your future is bright and we get to share it with you in some way or another, as we have in the past.

All the best,
    Barry Singleton.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

I sure have enjoyed listening to your designs over the years. I expect that you will find that your services are much in demand.

Thank you for all you have done to bring smiles to so many folks.
    We have enjoyed your designs and celebrate the great work you've done.

Rest well, chin up and know we are all on your side!

Thank you, sir!

Such a pity that it ends this way,

Quote Originally Posted by gtimbers View Post
    I was unceremoniously separated from employment by Harman following a 90 second explanation.\
    Once things settle down, I hope to be more available on the forum, but I need some time to adjust.
    My best wishes to all you JBL fans. Treat your products well and enjoy them while you can.Best Regards,Greg Timbers
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Damn! Those idiots never fail to amaze. They have taken an amazing legacy and repeatedly shown how they have no interest in this company or industry. I wish the people calling the shots had picked another industry to land in... this company which is dear to our hearts is certainly not dear to theirs.

Good luck in whatever endeavor you choose... and thank you for sharing this unfortunate news. I hope you are able to spend some time with us as we dabble in our hobby.

Widget

Thanks for all the brilliant loudspeakers over the 43 years Greg, wishing you the best moving forward.

On another note I was not certain which word I should use. So I will just list a few.

Disappointed,Disillusioned,dismayed,inconsolable,d isenchanted,disgruntled,crestfallen,bitter,dissati sfied.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by gtimbers View Post
    My position was eliminated!
    Oh! You mean the one where you design world class loudspeaker systems that people enjoy for generations and still talk about twenty, thirty, forty years after the fact?

Well everyone here wishes you only the best and I believe that we are all aware of just how much of a positive impact you have had on our lives. We love music and a vast majority of us listen to our music through your bountiful collection of wonderful creations.

I am really sorry to hear about this Greg...

What was the explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Oh! You mean the one where you design world class loudspeaker systems that people enjoy for generations and still talk about twenty, thirty, forty years after the fact?

Well everyone here wishes you only the best and I believe that we are all aware of just how much of a positive impact you have had on our lives. We love music and a vast majority of us listen to our music through your bountiful collection of wonderful creations.

My thoughts exactly on all fronts. And I for one do listen to your speakers on an almost daily basis and they never fail to impress.

Widget

I could not have said it better. Best of luck and good wishes. Hope to see you on the forum in the future. You have no idea how many peoples lives your work has brought happiness to through your amazing designs. I am DIY builder and your systems bring me so much joy and inspiration I couldn't thank you enough.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Might be time for a comprehensive list of Timbers designed systems, perhaps a dedicated thread? Cripes it would justify a separate forum.

What saddens me more than anything else is when the contribution that someone of your stature provides to the foundation of a company ends with such disrespectful treatment. Is this how you close 43 years of excellence..?
    It is sad that those who came after have no memory or appreciation for the contribution of those who came before.

Be glad of this, you've now stepped outside of - IMHO - the greatest tragedy in our modern world - a toxic corporate environment.

Lynn Stout has a great book on one of the main problems of current corporate culture - The Shareholder Value Myth: How Putting Shareholders First Harms Investors, Corporations, and the Public

I thank you for the pleasure the products you've designed have brought into our lives and I look forward to reading more of your posts on here in the future

Best Regards

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Hello Greg!

I am sorry that you didn't get out on your own terms.

I am truly grateful to you. I love music and your speaker systems do a great job of delivering the goods. This has improved my quality of life, thank you. ....
    Couldn't agree more.

The way corporate America treats it's people today is a disgrace. What a way to make money.

Thread Information