Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: End of an Era. 43 years with JBL is Over

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    Capitalism is not a good thing! Even Bill Gates has realised that recently...
    ? IF,, he really said that, he'd better absolve himself and give it ALL to the precious poor.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    ? IF,, he really said that, he'd better absolve himself and give it ALL to the precious poor.

Barry.
    It was not about the poor, it was about the larger picture. If we want humanity to have a world to live in, in the future. Capitalism does not take us there, unfortunately.

With a binary mindset, where everything can be divided into good and evil (cowboys/indians, christians/terrorists, capitalist/communist, Microsoft/Apple, superman/lex luthor), then yes, Capitalism is the good guy!

Binary speaking, it is painful when the good guy goes bad (JBL), isn't it!? Let's see if Boose goes good now instead. Always fun with the Hollywood kind of "shocking twist" in the end

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell View Post
    Woe betide whoever decided to end this hyper-focused creative convergence!
    My perception of the situation is that the guy who did it had no clue what he was actually doing - I look at his picture and nearly retch.

I do know that the news of G.T.'s firing reached the very top folks at Harman and I also know that there will be a luncheon in Greg's honor, nearly seven weeks after the fact. I have absolutely no idea if these two facts are actually related though.

You know, this is one of those things that people like us will never forget... at some point we will stop thinking about it on a daily basis but we will never forget how this went down. I'm still oscillating between disbelief and anger.

So some nobody exec. fired him? I find that hard to believe, also that those with that kind of authority didn't know who Mr. Timbers is. If that were the case, apologies and reinstatement would be in order, no?

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by gasfan View Post
    So some nobody exec. fired him? I find that hard to believe, also that those with that kind of authority didn't know who Mr. Timbers is. If that were the case, apologies and reinstatement would be in order, no?
    I find it hard to believe that some ******* called Greg into his office, gave him a ninety second explanation of why he was being terminated and then had him walked out of the building. And yet, here we are...

And yeah, he is a nobody... nobody else is going to give a flying **** when he gets fired or otherwise leaves JBL. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the issue, he is a nobody, he will very probably always be a nobody and he might possibly be aware of that.

Sorry, this whole thing just infuriates me all over again every time I come to this thread.

As a new comer to this site(though I have lurked for several years), I was not aware of Mr. Timbers. Due to this thread I have familiarized myself with Mr. Timbers and his immense contributions to Harman and the JBL brand.

With what little knowledge I have on these matters I do imagine that Mr. Timbers unceremonious release would have created a very contentious relationship and inserted a large wedge between upper management and Mr. Timbers colleagues. I speculate that Mr. Timbers reach through the Harman/JBL staff was wide and deep.

In short, his dismissal and the manner in which it was handled could have severely deleterious consequences within Harman/JBL moral.

Harman management f***** up.

They could and should have made his retirement a celebration of commitment and contribution.

What a bunch of incompetent douche bags.

*as this is my 5th post on this site, if the content or statements are in violation of site policy or spirit I ask the moderators to feel free to edit or delete this post.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by SMT View Post
    They could and should have made his "retirement" a celebration of commitment and contribution.
    Exactly! As others have also posted, and as I think all of us feel!

I wonder if a hundred forum members turning up at Northridge in their pickup trucks and tell the xxxxx what they thought of him then errect a big statue of GT in the foyer would equalize the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    I wonder if a hundred forum members turning up at Northridge in their pickup trucks and tell the xxxxx what they thought of him then errect a big statue of GT in the foyer would equalize the situation?
    Like this!
    el goregrind es cultura

The thing is if Greg was in the U.K he would have been made Sir Greg Timbers by the Queen and they would not dare fire him.

Colleagues,

It certainly appears, after reading several posts, that some lower echelon dimwit who apparently had enough power to do something really stupid did so. What was he the bosses' nephew? I wonder if someone above this chap could turn around and correct this situation, if that is what Mr. Timbers would want. It happened at a Seattle broadcasting company of all places. It makes me angry and dumbfounded at the same time. Too bad we can't outlaw stupidity.
    KEEP ON LISTENING!

JBLGUY
    Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Exactly! As others have also posted, and as I think all of us feel!
    OH YES YES YES....never forget your past...especially the good parts.

JBLGUY
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    On my Way Ian....except I'm in Canada so it's gonna take me a bit. Now where's my keys....um

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I find it hard to believe that some ******* called Greg into his office, gave him a ninety second explanation of why he was being terminated and then had him walked out of the building. And yet, here we are...

And yeah, he is a nobody... nobody else is going to give a flying **** when he gets fired or otherwise leaves JBL. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the issue, he is a nobody, he will very probably always be a nobody and he might possibly be aware of that.

Sorry, this whole thing just infuriates me all over again every time I come to this thread.
    Yes, nobodies disappear into the mist, after the fact. I think there's a cliche for them. How convenient. Some people don't like to do their own dirty work.

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLGUY View Post
    I'm in Canada.. Now where's my keys....um
    My key is in right pocket and my U2 Name:  IMG_0600___.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  56.1 KB (not pickup ) near the door but I'm behind the Urals..
    el goregrind es cultura

Thread Information