Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jbl d130 + le175+1217-1290.

Doc,

Still waiting on someone smarter than me to jump in. (That would be any other soul on the LH site! Ha!) In the meantime, I'll show my ignorance.

The 2202Hs have a good frequency response: 60 Hz to 4 kHz.

The human voice is roughly 65 Hz to 1280 Hz (Although a 'high-soprano' scream can hit 3 kHz. )

The 2404s are very close to the 2402s you were initially proposing, and will reproduce the human voice harmonics.

http://www.jblpro.com/pages/components/uhf_drvs.htm

Mannermusic's suggestion of an active crossover, and your response about your Ashly XR1001, seems a simple xover solution. (Should be fun to play with!)

As far as the feedback issues go, I've admited my ignorance. However, my favourite lightweight JBL monitor -- the 4425 -- has both similar drivers, with the tweeter offset above the woofer, and both in the same enclosure.

Regards,

Greg

Hi, Greg

I'll be calling you when I get back up on the mountain. Finished at the Dentist, and now have to drive down and send some work stuff out at UPS. Should be back in the mid to late afternoon, and will give you a shout, then!! I like your idea, and in fact, may turn my largest monitor into a 3-way system! It will be the best it's ever been before, and my aging voice will most certainly appreciate it when I can hear myself singing, despite the huge horn section that's going to be there!! Many, many thanks, my friend, and I'll talk to you soon. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Evening, Greg,

I very much enjoyed our talk this afternoon, and look forward to more in the future!! I'll be contacting you this weekend, or early next week, when everything plays out as it should. Thank you for sharing a bit of your self with me, and I look forward to talking again, soon. Take care, and God Bless you and yours, always!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Evening, Greg,

I very much enjoyed our talk this afternoon, and look forward to more in the future!! I'll be contacting you this weekend, or early next week, when everything plays out as it should. Thank you for sharing a bit of your self with me, and I look forward to talking again, soon. Take care, and God Bless you and yours, always!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark
    Photos, as soon as you have them, and, hopefully, before the San Diego reunion!

Greg

Hey, Greg,

You bet!! I will take before and after photos, as the monitor takes the form I think will work like a champ. I'll also take some photos at the event, of me using it!! Thanks, again, and talk to you soon!! BTW, I sent you a PM with the medical stuff I take, and hope it works for you, too! Take are, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

Morning, Greg, and All,

FedEx dropped off three boxes here, yesterday! A bit on the heavy side, each box was packed better than any other I have ever seen!!! EXCELLENT job, Greg!!! I was working at the their time of arrival, and so had to wait a few hours before being able to unpack the works, see Greg's fantastic packing job, and inventory the contents. Here is what I received, thanks for the kind generosity of Greg!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  106.9 KB

Included were (2) 2202H 12" woofers; and (4) 2404H Baby Butt tweets!!

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  93.4 KB

The 2202H drops right into this particular monitor, which is the one I'd hoped to finish and use at our upcoming band reunion. However, I had forgotten that the 12" will need some JBL MA15 clamps to hold it in place, and I will also have to do some work to fit in a 2404H.

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  139.0 KB

Unfortunately, time is very short, and our business work demands are, as always, pressing. So, I'm not sure how all this will turn out. But, I'm excited about the possibilities!! One other cabinet I have will hold both 2202H's, and one 2404H, but it's not actually a vocal monitor. Still, that might work if I lean it back into the proper position. I also have smaller monitor boxes that may offer more choices, but still need to dig those out of the Hobbit Hole (our basement).

One other problem is that I don't have proper crossovers for these drivers. But, I do have plenty of amps, and several electronic crossovers, so that can be obviated, if necessary.

I want to offer heartfelt thanks for Greg, for his kindness and generosity, and I look forward to "paying it forward" in order to square this deal!!! Greg, I'll keep you posted as to how this all turns out, in the short term, and also in the long term. After the band reunion, I'll have time to work up quite a few combinations of these components, including the 3-way that I mentioned, adding in the LE175 with the potato masher horn/lens. From one Texan, to another, many thanks, and may God Bless you and yours, Greg, always!! Talk to you soon on the phone.

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Thread Information