I recently purchased a JBL Metregon that at some point was stripped of its speaker components and crossovers (the 2 back panels are also missing). Underneath the cabinet are 2 thin wooden plates that have writing on them (see pics). Each plate seems to read, "C45-82." I know the "C45" indicates a Metregon cabinet but it seems odd that simply "82" is written and not "282" or "S82." Either of those two component options would indicate the (once) presence of a pair of 375 drivers. But taking a peek inside the cabinet, it looks like it was set up for a "202" combination (075 bullet tweeter and D123 12" woofer). There seems to be wooden blocking plates covering the openings for a mid/high horn. I have a set of LE15A 15" woofers removed from my Olympus speakers that I was thinking of installing in the Metregon but now I'm not so sure what speaker combination I should choose. Changing the mounting boards for a 15" woofer instead of a 12" looks like a major hassle. Should I worry about trying to match the original components (?82 or 202?) to maintain a high value? Switch to a 3-way system? Does anyone have a pair of H5041 horns if I go that route? This is getting complicated... Name:  JBL Metregon 2.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  98.9 KBName:  JBL Metregon 3.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  108.4 KBName:  JBL Metregon 1.jpg
Views: 1638
Size:  103.9 KBName:  JBL Metregon 4.jpg
Views: 1920
Size:  87.1 KB