Thread: JBL refurb - what color / finish?

JBL refurb - what color / finish?

Not wanting to hijack someone else's thread - I plan to give my 4343's a big visual overhaul soon as every time I stand next to them they make me feel sad, like two old battle worn monsters that wait to be returned to their former glory

The original JBL paint seems to be NLA outside the US and I thought of using dark grey warnex (RAL7016) and keep the front and back of the cabinet in plain black paint just like the original, whaddaya think?

Could look very nice... seems a bit dark vs the stock color (kind of an 'industrial' pairing).
    Grilles?

I do have the grilles but I don't use em. They will need new cloth and 1 piece of pracing has to be glued again.

I'm even thinking about white warnex on the sides and black one on the front. I painted a cabared 4623 like that and it looked quite good.

I also plan to paint the woofer and midwoofer's cones like Kenrick does, just to give them a nice matte black look.

What kind/type of paint do.......

you or Kendrick use to paint the cones a flat black? I'd really be interested in finding a proven method. Thanks, paul
    JBL 4343, JBL L300 Summit, UREI 811, JBL 4311, JBL 4301, JBL L5, JBL L50, JBL L100 , to name a few

I'm still doing a research what to use because I really want to keep the matte finish.
    I did a pair of E130's with stuff called "indian ink", they looked very nice, shiny black combined with polished dustcaps but that's not what I want on my 2235H

I was told to try the inkjet printer ink, some manufacturers sell it in bottles, Visaton sells the LTS50 but it seems to be a kind of glossy coating that adds weight/stiffness to the cone.

I can't find the speaker paint on Kenrick's site anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by martin2395 View Post
    I'm still doing a research what to use because I really want to keep the matte finish.
    I did a pair of E130's with stuff called "indian ink", they looked very nice, shiny black combined with polished dustcaps but that's not what I want on my 2235H

I was told to try the inkjet printer ink, some manufacturers sell it in bottles, Visaton sells the LTS50 but it seems to be a kind of glossy coating that adds weight/stiffness to the cone.

I can't find the speaker paint on Kenrick's site anymore.
    Did you ever figure these questions out? Speaker paint for the drivers and the color for the rear panel?

Thread Information