Thread: Chris Squire RIP

Chris Squire RIP

Saw he passed on the evening news. Wow it seems not to long ago I saw yes at the HOB in New Orleans. He was beating away sounding good as usual. Rest In Peace Mr. Squire and a big THANK YOU. Tomorrow I am getting new windows installed and the equipment is covered. Wednesday the 4343s will be beating out those fine bass lines.

I can't begin to count the hours I have been listening to YES going back 45 years. Their lyrics and stage appearances could fairly be called outright poncy but the music was a revelation to me in the late sixties and into the seventies. The odd time signatures (not your 4/4 downbeat rock standard), heavy sampling or borrowing from the classics, and the totally unconventional playing style and sound of Chris Squire on bass. Passed one month since diagnosis....my, my.
    David F
    San Jose

Passed one month since diagnosis. I did not know this. I did not dig deep into it though. I guess that is why I never new. He looked good the last time i saw them and I would have never thought.

Thread Information