I've started running the software for the BSS in advance of receiving the unit, taking that first step up the learning curve. There are two programs, Audio Architect and London Architect. Both programs can be downloaded, no charge, at the BSS web site. The Audio Architect seems to be newer and it looks like BSS is trying to encourage users to adopt it. There is a zip file available on the JBL pro site for anyone to download, it's the architect file and macro file for the M2 with the Blu-80. I was interested to see what was inside. It's a London file and won't open in Audio Architect. Crap. Worse, when opened in London, the layout is visible but none of the equalizers seem to be doing anything, they all seem to be set to zero. These would probably be adjusted by the tech during installation. The crossovers and maybe more EQ are in a block with no control available, and no visibility of what it is doing. It seems to be what they call a macro, and opens in a separate program called a macro editor. Or I'd hope so anyway, but attempting to open the file in the macro editor shows it to be password protected. Double crap. So you can load the file and it will probably work, but at this point, I don't see any way to make changes without starting over from scratch. So it looks like that's what I'll be doing. Of course at this point in my learning curve it could be that I just don't know what I'm doing and everything I've written here is wrong. We'll see with more experience. That was five hours of frustration that took five minutes to describe here. I'll be starting all over again tomorrow.

Name:  lon2.jpg
Views: 1950
Size:  122.6 KB