Thread: More yamaha pro amps for my setup

More yamaha pro amps for my setup

I love my Yamaha Pro amps so much that I am getting more.

I started out with a pair of P2500s amps for my bass bins, and a P7000s amp for my subs... I love them so much that now I am adding 2 P2075 amps for my horns, and 2 more P2500s amps for my surrounds. These are the best amps I have heard, and I get no fan noise at all (hate fan noise).

Welcome?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Welcome?
    Thanks for the welcome... I have been a member since 2013, but I am usually lurking since the only Lansing product I currently have is my JBL 2360A horns. I saw another post about the Yamaha amps and didn't want to invade their thread with my love for Yamaha Pro amps (plus mine were different models).

Quote Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome... I have been a member since 2013, but I am usually lurking since the only Lansing product I currently have is my JBL 2360A horns. I saw another post about the Yamaha amps and didn't want to invade their thread with my love for Yamaha Pro amps (plus mine were different models).
    Got pictures?

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Got pictures?Widget
    Here is a pic with the horns on the bass bins...Rack before I cleaned up the wires when I only had 3 amps, and the Denon...Here is a pic of the front screen wall as it is today...

Looks cool. Love to know more about the room and system.
    I'm not familiar with the amps, but they look like they require active cooling. Is your rack isolated?

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Looks cool. Love to know more about the room and system.
    I'm not familiar with the amps, but they look like they require active cooling. Is your rack isolated?

Widget
    The amps have internal fans (I believe), but have never kicked on in the rack.The rack is to the left of my screen behind a false wall. The wall has my first reflection panels on it, but the rest of the panels are all fake, and allow ventilation. All of the Yamaha amps run at the most mildly warm to the touch after hours of being on.
    The room is a room built in a room (double wall construction) with one layer of OSB followed by Greenglue, and a layer of sheetrock. The ceiling is hanging from hat tracks, sheetrock, greenglue, and sheetrock. The floor is a raised wood floor that is stuffed with insulation, covered with OSB, and carpet pad followed by carpet. The walls are all covered (99% completed) covered with panels that are covered with GOM. All the panels are empty except for first reflections, and bass traps. The rear wall has 9" of bass traps built into it, and the front wall has 2" of bass traps (both of which are covered with a thin rubber to stop high frequency absorption). The front and rear stages are both stuffed with insulation. 2 300lb doors for the entry to the room

The system is as follows:
    1: JBL 2360A horns with EV DH1A drivers for the front 3 channels currently powered by Topping T chip amps, but will be powered by the Yamaha P2075 amps next week
    2: DIY 1/4 Pie bass Bins with EV 15" woofers powered by Yamaha P2500s amps for the front 3 channels
    3: MiniDSP 2x4 active crossovers for the Bass Bins, and JBL horns
    4: Danley DTS-10 subs (one under the front stage, and the other under the 2nd row seating)...both are powered by a single Yamaha P7000s amp
    5: Klipsch Heresy HIP speakers for the side surrounds, and surround backs powered by 2 Yamaha P2500s amps
    6: A Monoprice HDMI 4 input switcher feeding a Oppo 103 player which converts all the audio to analog via 7.1 analog out.
    7: Krell Showcase 7.1 Pre/Processor which is only being used via the 7.1 input, and will be using the XLR outs (as soon as i get XLR cables)
    8: Darbee Darcet for video enhancement
    9: Panasonic AE8000 projector projecting onto a SeymourAV 180 scope screen (195" diagonal 2.35 screen matted to 185")
    10: Monster Cable HTPS 7000 power unit
    11: Monoprice Redmere HDMI cables, Monoprice speaker wire, Blue Jeans 7.1 cable
    12: XBox 360
    13: PS3
    14: (2) i3NUCs...one for Home Automation/internet, and the other runs OpenElec/Kodi as a Media browser
    15: UnRaid 20TB NAS
    16: Cisco GB switch
    17: LED spots, and rope lighting
    18: Dirac DDRC-88A room processor (will be installed next week).

I think that pretty muchcovers it.

Hey I remember that setup.

P2100, M4... comparison?

Aside from the extra input connections and battleship construction of the P2100 amps, how do topology and performance compare ( if at all ) to that of the Yamaha M4? I think their time of manufacture and power ratings are close.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Electron View Post
    Aside from the extra input connections and battleship construction of the P2100 amps, how do topology and performance compare ( if at all ) to that of the Yamaha M4? I think their time of manufacture and power ratings are close.
    I can't say as i have never heard or seen the M4.

Thread Information