Thread: Selenium D3305TI to JBL 2380A match up - possible?

Selenium D3305TI to JBL 2380A match up - possible?

Seems like a metric to sae for the throat matching. The 2380A, which lists as 4" diameter (or 101.6 mm) and this driver lists as 102mm (4.01575 inches). Can the 2380A 4 bot holes be reamed without breaking? Also, if they can should one look at using Dynamat between the driver and horn or is that going to affect the sound? Was thinking of using a pair of 2509A's to mate these up too. Got 2 of them on the shelf as well.

I have 3x 2380A's in very decent shape and pulling a build together so thought this driver & horn might be an interesting combination. Feasible? Things to watch for?
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

Hi BigYank!

So you're looking at moving the holes out less than 0.008" I would bet they will go as is. If the drivers have studs they would likely just push through even if they "file/scrape" through there is plenty of material.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Hi BigYank!

So you're looking at moving the holes out less than 0.008" I would bet they will go as is. If the drivers have studs they would likely just push through even if they "file/scrape" through there is plenty of material.

Barry.
    Thanks Barry. I knew the tolerance was close but figured, might as well ask.
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

Thread Information