Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
I understood your point but ARs weren't the topic of the thread.
It's called an "example", as in "similar"; a lot of people hard wire or by-pass the AR pots too in order to cure aural ills but then wind up missing the flexibility they allowed; some hard wire or by-pass them and never look back

My suggestion/implication was to try servicing it first before jumping on the rip it out band wagon (if you think you might like or need to retain the option) I was not speaking in absolutes

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
I remember reading many times that the monitors with the switches were due to demands of the marketing department which felt they'd sell better if they weren't bi-amp-only. It's a compromise the engineers and designers didn't want to include and tell us we'd be better off without and that it could have been better executed had they used a better quality switch . . . or just left it out.
Which validates again my point and the example I used to help illustrate it; clearly, some people actually do use (as in need and or want) the option

For the third time now, that is what I was speaking to

A "better" quality switch versus no switch at all are two entirely different approaches (apples and oranges) and obviously with the latter one forfeits an option (the convenient one anyway)

Same (apples and oranges) as a switch that has the potential to work properly, as designed, if well serviced, versus one that is falling apart, literally