Thread: Need help with E-145

Need help with E-145

I have 3 E-145 purchased off Ebay with cones marked 64194 but no white crayon marking. One has an fs of 69 and the other to in the low 60s. All the other specs were off also. This is as tested with my WT3. I know the WT is ofter brought into question but it has measure all of my other JBL's, PHL write down to the letter. Also when one of the speakers was placed in a ported box it did not respond the way it should have. The lowest I could tune the driver was to 50Hz; tested with the WT and by placing sand on the cone.

Really don't know what to do.

Hello

It sounds like you may have aftermarket cones. How is the top end?? No matter what, factory vs aftermarket, you are going to want subwoofers under them anyway. As long as they sound good over the range you want to use them your good.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Maybe the kits were new and need break in?
    That would certainly lower the Fs.

Also, it is well known around here that the published T/S for this woofer have a typo: VAS is 427.7L and not 274.7L
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...JBL-E145/page2

Hello Pos

It's possible but every fresh original re-cone I have measured for FS has been pretty close right out of the gate, not 20 + hz off. Remember what they did with the 2108 cones, who knows??

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

I took the speakers to Gordon Waters and he verified that they were factory JBL cones. He ran them at 30Hz at half power for 3 days and they were virtual identical to the factory specs.

We are lucky to have people like Gordon (and others) around.

Thread Information