Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor or not?

Rumor or not?

Does Harmon Industries still own JBL?

They've never owned JBL to my knowledge .

Harmon Industries Inc

I think he may mean Harman.

http://www.harmanpro.com/

Quote Originally Posted by uroford View Post

Then again, that Harman page shows the JBL logo as one of their many brands ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by uroford View Post

The parent company is Harman International. They bought JBL in 1969. In 1977 it was sold to Beatrice Foods and then reacquired by Harman in late 1980.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    The parent company is Harman International. They bought JBL in 1969. In 1977 it was sold to Beatrice Foods and then reacquired by Harman in late 1980.

Widget
    Harmon, Harman, Pro, Industries, International, who cares? A friend of mine a few days ago read to me a press release from 2010 that stated the chap who owned U.S. Music Corporation sold his company to a Canadian conglomerate, where it also stated the Canadian company also owned JBL. I remember reading, and printing out a blurb in 2010 about JBL going up for sale for $8 Billion, but the deal fell through due to some flaw in the paperwork. I also heard that Harman Industries is actually owned by an even bigger ass corporation.

I know the internet is rife with erroneous information, but if a Canadian company owns JBL it would stand to reason there would have been a press release about the acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Horn Fanatic View Post
    Harmon, Harman, Pro, Industries, International, who cares?
    If you care, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harman_...nal_Industries

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    We all know that history, which does not answer my question. Who owns JBL if not Harman Industries? My guess, is the press release my friend read to me was B.S.

We all know that history, which does not answer my question.
    Who owns JBL if not Harman Industries? My guess, is the press release my friend read to me was B.S.
    If "we all know that history ..." why would you even bother to ask such a question - with no proof of link or any kind of reference to tie it to.

I agree - sounds like B.S. ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    If "we all know that history ..." why would you even bother to ask such a question - with no proof of link or any kind of reference to tie it to.

I agree - sounds like B.S. ...
    I will ask my friend for the link, just to make you happy.

I will ask my friend for the link, just to make you happy.
    Maybe it's you that needs to find the link to be happy................let me see if I get this............my friend told me a story and I seem to remember reading about it too.............then I lost my copy of the story so now I'll come to the Lansing Heritage forum and talk smart ass to people because they have no knowledge of said story, the story my friend told me about and that I lost (forgot).................yeah, that sound about right?

Here's how to handle it friend:
    JBL is a subsidiary of a publicly traded company
    If you really need verification as to who holds what, just log into your Schwab account (or whoever you trade with) and you can read all the records until you feel satisfied and find what you're looking for
    All interest holders will be listed in great detail as required by Law, as well as any and all offers

Harmon, Harman, Pro, Industries, International, who cares? A friend of mine a few days ago read to me a press release from 2010 that stated the chap who owned U.S. Music Corporation sold his company to a Canadian conglomerate, where it also stated the Canadian company also owned JBL. I remember reading, and printing out a blurb in 2010 about JBL going up for sale for $8 Billion, but the deal fell through due to some flaw in the paperwork. I also heard that Harman Industries is actually owned by an even bigger ass corporation.

I know the internet is rife with erroneous information, but if a Canadian company owns JBL it would stand to reason there would have been a press release about the acquisition.
    Do you know how "Google" works, or have it? If you do, here's a tip; it works a whole lot better if you spell the name of the object of your interest correctly for starters. Using your own language:
    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...+to+a+Canadian

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...uires+US+Music

And last but not least; after 5 or more years they're no longer "rumors", rather, history................that, or an "urban legend"

Jam Industries acquires US Music

« on: September 14, 2009, 09:40:10 AM »

Harmon, Harman, Pro, Industries, International, who cares? A friend of mine a few days ago read to me a press release from 2010 that stated the chap who owned U.S. Music Corporation sold his company to a Canadian conglomerate, where it also stated the Canadian company also owned JBL
    The Canadian company that owns U.S. Music Corporation is JAM Industries of Baie-D'Urfe, Quebec.

Here's their number, give them a call: 514-457-2555

I believe some confusion may exist because one division of JAM, Erikson Consumer, is a distributor for Harman Industries lines in Canada, or so they claim. See pages 11 and 12: http://seekoften.com/hr_intranet/wp-...tation-New.pdf

Erikson Consumer Home distributes a select group of audio products including home theater,mobile audio/video, and custom products, which can be found in national and regional CEchains, department stores, furniture and appliance chains, and specialized CI andindependents. Products distributed include home theater receivers, speakers, CD and DVDplayers, custom electronics. Renowned brands include Harman/Kardon, JBL, Infinity, Arcam,Cerwin Vega, Mark Levinson, Lexicon, Revel, Soundcast, Nuvo Technologies and other
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    The Canadian company that owns U.S. Music Corporation is JAM Industries of Baie-D'Urfe, Quebec.

I believe some confusion may exist because one division of JAM, Erikson Consumer, is a distributor for Harman Industries lines in Canada, or so they claim. See pages 11 and 12: http://seekoften.com/hr_intranet/wp-...tation-New.pdf

Thank you very much. All I did was ask a simple question, and expected nothing more than a civil answer. This Wagner character is two for two today. He volleyed another insult to a new member on another thread of which he/she was called out on. It appears there are some folks who by virtue of their membership on this blog feel it allows them license to berate, insult, and condescend to other members with impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post

Yes. They're the Canadian distributor for JBL Consumer and Harman/Kardon stuff. I see H/K items in the stores but not much JBL Consumer out there.
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

Thread Information