Just switched amps in my system i am not going to say brand names because people are bias i will however tell you i use Altec mod 19 speakers and JBL 4311. Ok now about amps one is solid state 200watts with a dampening factor of 800 the other amp is solid state 45 watts with a dampening factor of 40 well the smaller of the amps sounds the best hands down and the bass is better way better and i have no more speaker cone movement with the little amp than i do with the big powerful amp and its 800 dampening factor. And when i run the big amp on the 19's i had no bass so i bought a good Miller Kreisel sub but it never blended in with the big amp. Well i switch to the smaller amp and the sub blended so well it disappeared without changing sub settings. The big amp according to 99% of people online has really good bass that is false and it lacked midrange compared to the smaller amp it really sucks and was a waste of 500 bucks and it's on ebay right now. So my question is how many people pay attention to specs and or reviews and do you think they are accurate? Stereophile gave rave reviews on my big amp they where blatantly wrong so they where either paid to say good things or they where drinking and smoking crack when listening. So do specs really matter??